News   May 02, 2024
 213     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 286     0 

Real Estate Lawyer - pre-con Condo

Rocky

Member Bio
Reaction score
Good Day all, If anyone would like to share the contact information for their real estate lawyer, that helped you during the purchase in a productive and efficient manner, would be great. I am looking to close soon and the lawyer that i dealt with earlier was a mess and wasnt experienced in dealing with real estate agreements.

If your lawyer was a experienced and helpful (+ reasonable $$$) I would certainly be able to use that information as i would need help closing a pre-con condo soon.

Thanks all :) and happy weekend !

Good Day all, If anyone would like to share the contact information for their real estate lawyer, that helped you during the purchase in a productive and efficient manner, would be great. I am looking to close soon and the lawyer that i dealt with earlier was a mess and wasnt experienced in dealing with real estate agreements.

If your lawyer was a experienced and helpful (+ reasonable $$$) I would certainly be able to use that information as i would need help closing a pre-con condo soon.

Thanks all :) and happy weekend !

I've always used the office of Stephen Shub (I think the website is homelegalcost.com).
That's all they do. If you're looking for really hands on, you're my buddy service you won't find it here, but I've always found them to be extremely competent and fairly reasonably priced.

Thanks Wooba, I can live without "you are my buddy" service for sure, just wanted to be sure, I deal with a experienced proffesional as i am myself quite thick and naive when it comes to the legal side of buying / closing real estate. Any particular contact that you have dealt with there ? ( just trying to pick someone who you have had experience dealing with ?)

Thanks Wooba, I can live without "you are my buddy" service for sure, just wanted to be sure, I deal with a experienced proffesional as i am myself quite thick and naive when it comes to the legal side of buying / closing real estate. Any particular contact that you have dealt with there ? ( just trying to pick someone who you have had experience dealing with ?)

Most of the stuff is actually done by a legal clerk. They will assign you one when you sign up for their services.
For actual lawyer, the only one I've ever dealt with is Mario at the yonge/finch office. This was for going over my contract on a purchase. I don't believe I've actually spoken to a lawyer during a sale.

Most of the stuff is actually done by a legal clerk. They will assign you one when you sign up for their services.
For actual lawyer, the only one I've ever dealt with is Mario at the yonge/finch office. This was for going over my contract on a purchase. I don't believe I've actually spoken to a lawyer during a sale.

Thanks a bunch Wooba, I will give these guys a shot - Much appreciated.

Hi all,

Looking for any more suggestions from all the pros here for a reasonable real estate lawyer to help complete the dealings for closing a pre-construction condo, My builder has asked me to provide them with the lawyer info (I did not get my contract reviewed at the time of purchase) but i definitely do need a lawyer now to help close the transaction. If any one of you have recommendations for the ones you have used and have had positive experience - please share.

Thank You

Hi all,

Looking for any more suggestions from all the pros here for a reasonable real estate lawyer to help complete the dealings for closing a pre-construction condo, My builder has asked me to provide them with the lawyer info (I did not get my contract reviewed at the time of purchase) but i definitely do need a lawyer now to help close the transaction. If any one of you have recommendations for the ones you have used and have had positive experience - please share.

Thank You

Hi all,

Thank You

I have dealt with Koroloff and Huckins for numerous transactions - http://www.profilecanada.com/companydetail.cfm?company=2466139_Koroloff_Huckins_North_York_ON

while names are good, I imagine an estimate of fees would be useful as well..

My quote for Stephen Shub referred above came out to $1,341.60 (not incl HST) for legal fees/disbursement, registering one mortgage and title insurance...cheaper than who I have used in the past by about $100

while names are good, I imagine an estimate of fees would be useful as well..

My quote for Stephen Shub referred above came out to $1,341.60 (not incl HST) for legal fees/disbursement, registering one mortgage and title insurance...cheaper than who I have used in the past by about $100

Hey adeel; who did you use with Stephen shub, was your case dealt by a legal clerk. There are some horrible reviews out there for shub and the clerk i spoke with did not sound very professional (not saying i am 100% correct on judging professionalism by phone) but was wondering if there is a compromise involved in the level of service from shub should your file be handled by a law clerk ??

you should also look up whoever you are thinking of retaining on the Law Society's Lawyer and Paralegal directory. It will tell you if they have a discipline history or any restrictions on their ability to practise.

Hey adeel; who did you use with Stephen shub, was your case dealt by a legal clerk. There are some horrible reviews out there for shub and the clerk i spoke with did not sound very professional (not saying i am 100% correct on judging professionalism by phone) but was wondering if there is a compromise involved in the level of service from shub should your file be handled by a law clerk ??

Sorry, I havent actually used them, just checked out their website to get an idea of pricing. They have a quote generator that I got the fee from.

TBH, my last closing with our lawyer also did not go great - it honestly seems that majority of work is done by clerks, with the lawyer taking your cheque and just telling you where to sign...

Back