News   Apr 23, 2024
 439     1 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 380     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1K     0 

Real Estate Lawyer - pre-con Condo

Hey adeel; who did you use with Stephen shub, was your case dealt by a legal clerk. There are some horrible reviews out there for shub and the clerk i spoke with did not sound very professional (not saying i am 100% correct on judging professionalism by phone) but was wondering if there is a compromise involved in the level of service from shub should your file be handled by a law clerk ??

I've used them 6 times. They are very much operating like a factory. If you're looking for really personal service, go elsewhere. I've found that they get the job done and I'm not really looking for frills. The bulk of the work is done by clerks but when I've purchased I've dealt with Mario in the main office each time to look over my contract.

My last transaction was done via the Islington office and it felt a bit more personal, but again it was with a clerk for the most part.

Edit: Oops, I see I'm basically repeating myself :)

I've used them 6 times. They are very much operating like a factory. If you're looking for really personal service, go elsewhere. I've found that they get the job done and I'm not really looking for frills. The bulk of the work is done by clerks but when I've purchased I've dealt with Mario in the main office each time to look over my contract.

My last transaction was done via the Islington office and it felt a bit more personal, but again it was with a clerk for the most part.

Edit: Oops, I see I'm basically repeating myself :)

Since you have used 6 times, I imagine you are satisfied with the service? Is my quote above in line with what you have been paying?

For an investment condo (occupancy and final closings?), would you recommend Shub?

Since you have used 6 times, I imagine you are satisfied with the service? Is my quote above in line with what you have been paying?

For an investment condo (occupancy and final closings?), would you recommend Shub?

Yes, I've been satisfied. I can't remember exact costs off the top of my head, but I believe the quote the web site gives is accurate. I would certainly recommend them if you are just looking for basic service. I don't know if shub specifically does any work.

Thanks for the first hand experience feedback, Wooba. I've used a number of different real estate lawyers in the past and although I have a network of realtors, mortgage brokers/providers and contractors, I don't have many connections with real estate lawyers. Each one has done the job but none have stood out enough for me to recommend.

I searched for Stephen Shub and came across his webste: http://www.homelegalcost.com/. The website itself could use a makeover but the information is all there.

Anyone else with real estate lawyer recommendations are more than welcome to share their input here!

Hey adeel; who did you use with Stephen shub, was your case dealt by a legal clerk. There are some horrible reviews out there for shub and the clerk i spoke with did not sound very professional (not saying i am 100% correct on judging professionalism by phone) but was wondering if there is a compromise involved in the level of service from shub should your file be handled by a law clerk ??

You may be referring to some of the comments on this review site? http://www.lawyerratingz.com/ratings/1024662/Lawyer+Stephen+H-Shub.html

I can understand a file being handed off to a law clerk (it happens quite often) but some of the comments, if true, are unacceptable. As with all of these review sites, I wouldn't trust each and every single comment wholeheartedly as genuine.

Good Day all, If anyone would like to share the contact information for their real estate lawyer, that helped you during the purchase in a productive and efficient manner, would be great. I am looking to close soon and the lawyer that i dealt with earlier was a mess and wasnt experienced in dealing with real estate agreements.

If your lawyer was a experienced and helpful (+ reasonable $$$) I would certainly be able to use that information as i would need help closing a pre-con condo soon.

Thanks all :) and happy weekend !
test

Hello everyone!

I am new to this platform, and was hoping to get some help with a survey I am conducting for a course that I am taking. I am looking at the importance of legal counsel in preconstruction/new build transactions. If you have experience with this, whether you closed on the property or not, I would greatly appreciate it! It would take less than a minute, it is anonymous, and it is linked below. Thank you very much!

Click here for the link to the survey

Back