News   Apr 26, 2024
 2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 437     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Post a good floorplan!

Both are great. No wasted space except for a bit of hall in the 800 sq. ft vs. the 737. but the 800 sq. ft has a double balcony. Depending on the price, the double balcony may justify the additional amount paid but I would think the 737 sq. ft. is the better deal overall. I think these are great. I know you and I talked on the other thread and this is at King West Life. At least the 737 is. I assume the 800 sq. ft. is also.

I like this alot for a small space. I don't like bedrooms with no windows would be the only drawback. Some people would also not like the bedroom off the kitchen. That said, I think this is great use of spae and a beautiful outside space. If this is for a single or couple (as opposed to 2 room mates, I would have the 2nd room with a hidabed and an office and for that it is absolutely perfect.

Both are great. No wasted space except for a bit of hall in the 800 sq. ft vs. the 737. but the 800 sq. ft has a double balcony. Depending on the price, the double balcony may justify the additional amount paid but I would think the 737 sq. ft. is the better deal overall. I think these are great. I know you and I talked on the other thread and this is at King West Life. At least the 737 is. I assume the 800 sq. ft. is also.

Hey!

The 737 is at King West Condos and the 800 is West Harbour City.

I really liked the 737 unit at first but actually do prefer the 800 for 2 reasons, 1 being the larger balcony and the second is the point you mentioned (small hall at entrance). I actually prefer that when people walk in they are not directly in the 'living area' and have a place to put shoes / bags etc down.....

Gooner, both are great. I was just splitting hairs. WHC is a great development as well. Mine at KWL is 777 with the 2 full bedrooms with windows but I also have a double balcony like you got at WHC. I think the balcony is a great addition. And since you like the additional little hall, it will be a great condo.
I gather by the way that all the 2 bedroom soho's are gone so yours in phase 1 west face unobstructed on the 10th is the absolute best 2 bedroom soho in the complex. You won't have trouble with it. That said, I have heard they did not increase prices by more than $5-10000 in phase 2 and 3 so I don't know how much more you will be able to make on an assignment today. what happened with it. Did you approach the builder to give it back?

Gooner, both are great. I was just splitting hairs. WHC is a great development as well. Mine at KWL is 777 with the 2 full bedrooms with windows but I also have a double balcony like you got at WHC. I think the balcony is a great addition. And since you like the additional little hall, it will be a great condo.
I gather by the way that all the 2 bedroom soho's are gone so yours in phase 1 west face unobstructed on the 10th is the absolute best 2 bedroom soho in the complex. You won't have trouble with it. That said, I have heard they did not increase prices by more than $5-10000 in phase 2 and 3 so I don't know how much more you will be able to make on an assignment today. what happened with it. Did you approach the builder to give it back?

I think I will probably assign it (737), just gonna wait for the right time. It will be more valuable the closer we get to the 2013 closing, may just put a posting on CL or Kijiji to see if there is anybody interested at the moment....

Also yes it's the 10th floor SOHO facing West which (when i bought it) thought would be a selling factor as it's the best 2 Bed SOHO in the entire complex (direction and floor!)....

I think I will probably assign it (737), just gonna wait for the right time. It will be more valuable the closer we get to the 2013 closing, may just put a posting on CL or Kijiji to see if there is anybody interested at the moment....

Also yes it's the 10th floor SOHO facing West which (when i bought it) thought would be a selling factor as it's the best 2 Bed SOHO in the entire complex (direction and floor!)....

Smart move. I think time will be on your side and it will be really an asset as the building goes up and you can show someone the view. that said, and its for another forum, I personally believe prices are now at/near peak and by next year will be a bit lower. that said, the prices at KWL are below what comparable existing product is at in Liberty Village now so i still think you will be safe. also, despite all the negative words on this forum about Plazacorps University Plaza, I have a unit there and it has been a great building, with great finishes, and well built by Plazacorp(which is why I bought another in KWL)

If you wouldn't be using the second bedroom, perhaps you could tear down that wall and place the dining in there?

Actually, I would be cautious doing that. The space for the living room dining room already is quite large for a small 2 bedroom condo. For resale, a one bedroom would lower the value over its present configuration. that said, if you were going to stay there for at least 5 years, and never need a guest suite or den, then it could make sense.

Last edited:
Actually, I would be cautious doing that. The space for the living room dining room already is quite large for a small 2 bedroom condo. For resale, a one bedroom would lower the value over its present configuration. that said, if you were going to stay there for at least 5 years, and never need a guest suite or den, then it could make sense.

Yes, of course. I failed to mention that if you would tear down a wall, ensure
to place a sliding glass type wall just in case.

Yes, of course. I failed to mention that if you would tear down a wall, ensure
to place a sliding glass type wall just in case.

Actually, that is really smart if you only use the 2nd room occasionally and don't wish it as a secondary office because then you would have a huge living area. good thinking Josef. the only thing I don't know is if that would affect resale value after but my suspicion is not significantly. that said, perhaps a real estate agent may have some views on this. Loss of a bedroom is always a bit disconcerting.

What do you guys think of my suite? My partner came up with the idea
and we were fortunate that the builder didn't charge us for the modifications.
You can see with the wall being removed that they'll be plenty of light
and an open concept feel, plus, we'll get to see the beautiful view of the lake, high park & C.N tower even further. We plan to install a sliding frosted door in the near future, when we move in.

Original:

Revised:

I like how the measurements will be quite even being 19.2 by 19.2 after eliminating the wall.

Back