News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 488     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Post a good floorplan!

It depends on how big the "solarium" is. If it's big enough to be used as a bedroom, then just call it a bedroom.

As for a second powder room, I think they're nice options for 2-bedroom units, even though when I had my 2-bedroom condo townhouse, I only had 1 bathroom.

Same goes for dens. To me, they can serve two purposes: 1) Office or 2) Bedroom/Office. As much as the term "bedroom" is sometimes abused, so is the term "den". I've seen supposed dens that almost amount to glorified divots in the wall. I'd rather have those spaces better designed with the den completely removed and fused into the living room or something, then just have a waste space only big enough for a shallow desk.

I am probably biased when it comes to my own unit, but I have yet to find a similar sized unit (or even larger ones up to 800 sqft) with such a large living room/dining room (especially the 11'2" width). Of course it comes at the expense of the bedroom resl estate but at the time when I bought this (I was single) I could live with a 9'x10' bedroom.

Would love to hear commentary on how best to use the den space.

I'm a big fan of this floor plan! No waste of space and everything is simply/cleverly positioned.

First, the size of your bedroom is pretty typical for today's condo standards and I've certainly seen smaller. What's great about your bedroom is the ensuite W/D! The W/D is in the perfect place... where your dirty clothes are! :)

As for the den, I think it's a great size and you have many options. You can put a wide desk against the left hand wall or along the bottom wall. The door swings open to the right towards the kitchen so there will be an open feeling as you walk in and it won't get in the way of the den. Now what I would do is make this den an office/foyer... place a desk against the left wall and a non-wide high table (not sure what these are called) against the bottom which are excellent for foyers and guest's shoes can be neatly placed underneath as opposed to clumped all over the place. You can easily have an office/foyer with easy access to the closet in this den.

As for a TV in the den, I'm more a fan of a second TV in the bedroom than in the den and I wouldn't use this den as a guest room by any means. Sofa bed in the living room for guests would be the way to go in almost any 1 bedroom unit, IMHO.

This is the best floorplan I have ever seen for a small unit 600 sq ft. look how the bedroom is totally separated from the living and dining area, check the size of the balcony, the huge windows, the position of the laundry room, the L shape kitchen with an island, walk in closet and finally, the unit has 10 ft ceilings. this unit is in 455 Adelaide/10 Morrison

Attachments

• 455-Adelaide.jpg
    455-Adelaide.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 702
I am probably biased when it comes to my own unit, but I have yet to find a similar sized unit (or even larger ones up to 800 sqft) with such a large living room/dining room (especially the 11'8" width). Of course it comes at the expense of the bedroom real estate but at the time when I bought this (I was single) I could live with a 9'x10' bedroom.

Would love to hear commentary on how best to use the den space.

I love that the heat/AC unit is not in either the bedroom or living room. There are too many layouts that have this and it just eats up usable space.

It wasn't really a dropped ceiling in the usual sense. The living room had the normal height drywalled ceilings, but around the edges of the ceiling there was a bulkhead in which the air ducts resided. At one point, the bulkhead got wider, and that's were the heat/AC unit was located.

What do you all think of this floorplan? It's 738 sq ft total and is classified as a 2 bedroom SOHO!

Thanks!

Attachments

• King West.jpg
    King West.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 577
And how about this one?

The unit is 800 sq ft total and is again classified as a 2 Bedroom SOHO!

Thanks

Attachments

• WHC.JPG
    WHC.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 526

Back