News   May 03, 2024
 855     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 535     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 263     0 

Policing Attitudes

Most should be terminated with prejudice.

Fantastic, then white knights like yourself can take up the sword, right? I'm sure your policing with kind words would work well with the anarchist vandals whose only reason for being there was to "break shit"..

Didn't think so, because some people talk big until they're called upon, in which case I'm sure you will be hiding behind your computer screen.

Last edited:
Didn't think so, because some people talk big until they're called upon, in which case I'm sure you will be hiding behind your computer screen.

big talk for an internet tough guy.

Obey the uniformed man, and do as he says....until they come for you ;)

Fantastic, then white knights like yourself can take up the sword, right? I'm sure your policing with kind words would work well with the anarchist vandals whose only reason for being there was to "break shit"..
Hey, your the one who has said they don't car that the police were beating innocent people with their batons. When leading Canadian journalists are providing testimony about the police beating other journalists with batons, who had not done anything other than to try and present their media credentials, in a place where nothing violent was going on (other than the police beating people) - then something is wrong. It's sad that some people are so evil that they are still willing to turn the other way to such whole-scale corruption. It's ironic that in the incident in question, that it was the infamous Officer Bubbles who actually talked and identified his law-break co-workers.

Didn't think what? I've never hesitated to give a police officer my opinion in the street when I see them doing something they shouldn't be doing. If we all did that, then we wouldn't have this problem. However the likes of you, who are willing to let the police beat people, are the problem.

I haven't seen any evidence of this.

I think you are lying about this.

Or is it a joke. Good grief, what kind of inhumane person makes jokes about someone who has been so dreadfully abused?

I was referring to this:
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/cri...iled-14-months-for-torching-police-car-at-g20

But since this has just degraded into name calling by some of you, I'm done here. If some of you think you can do a better job, TPS holds regular recruitment sessions. Perhaps when a 'protester' throws a bottle of urine at you, you'll go over and give them a hug.

DanTheMan:

It's not the slightest bit funny when you equated that individual - who from the looks of it is out of uniform - to a TTC worker who even had a manager to vouch for him.

If some of you think you can do a better job, TPS holds regular recruitment sessions

Sorry, one decide to take on a job knowing the rules. Failure to follow them is the burden of those on the job - not those scrutinizing them.

Perhaps when a 'protester' throws a bottle of urine at you, you'll go over and give them a hug.

Nurses and those who are involved in personal care often had bodily fluids flung at them on the job - cops do not have a monopoly in that kind of experience, and there are professional ways to deal with that and it doesn't require a hug.

Architect:

I wouldn't talk big if I were you - considering your inability to follow the forum rules on multiple occasion. The irony is rather delicious, no?

AoD

Last edited:
I'm done here. If some of you think you can do a better job, TPS holds regular recruitment sessions.

Run away when challenged...you'd make a good cop.
Why don't you enroll, after all the cops get paid more than you do.... I guess they're worth more then EMS.

Run away when challenged...you'd make a good cop.
Why don't you enroll, after all the cops get paid more than you do.... I guess they're worth more then EMS.

Nothing to do with running away, I see no point in arguing. We have our opinions on the matter, mine just happen to be different than yours. We'll just have to agree to disagree. And I'm even more inclined to not continue, when insults are going to be thrown my way because I'm saying something that doesn't mesh with your world view.

And fyi, I'm more than comfortable with my salary, which is actually higher than a 1st class constable's, but thanks for the suggestion.

Hey, your the one who has said they don't car that the police were beating innocent people with their batons.

Learn to read. I said I don't care if anarchist vandals destroying my city were beaten, because I don't.

I wouldn't talk big if I were you - considering your inability to follow the forum rules on multiple occasion. The irony is rather delicious, no?

Unless having a different opinion than yours then calling you out for censorship is against forum rules (which apparently it is), I see no case where I failed to follow forum rules.

Cops are just the worst people in the world. Until you need one.

Pretty much. I'm sure if anyone here owned a shop that was destroyed by vandals they would be less against their "mistreatment".

But I am done talking about the G20. It's impossible to have a rational conversation with the anti-cop people on this forum.

Last edited:
Unless having a different opinion than yours then calling you out for censorship is against forum rules (which apparently it is), I see no case where I failed to follow forum rules.

What does saying that you're rude (as per the HDR fracas) or eliminating off topic postings in say the Block 32 thread - both of which are against forum rules (which I am sure you can look up) constitute censorship in a moderated forum? If you want to practice unadulterated freedom of speech, go to a protest. Oops, I forgot, that was the point of this thread, isn't it?

BTW, very smart attempt at deleting your original posts in the Block 32 thread post hoc Funny how someone insistent on others following the rules would be the first to challenge them in another setting.

AoD

Last edited:
What does saying that you're rude (as per the HDR fracas) or eliminating off topic postings in say the Block 32 thread - both of which are against forum rules (which I am sure you can look up) constitute censorship in a moderated forum? If you want to practice unadulterated freedom of speech, go to a protest. Oops, I forgot, that was the point of this thread, isn't it?

BTW, very smart attempt at deleting your original posts in the Block 32 thread post hoc Funny how someone insistent on others following the rules would be the first to challenge them in another setting.

AoD

I deleted them because no matter what I said to explain my position or respond, you would selectively delete posts to make it seem like I slung mud and ran. It's not worth getting banned over calling out a moderator for abuse of power, when all I originally did was say I didn't like the overuse of HDR in a construction update, because in the picture you can't even see any details (which is kinda the point of a construction update). Also you claim that my posts were "rude" and therefore against forum rules.. but yet many posters are rude and condescending, but don't have their posts deleted or face any consequences for it. Seems a bit like selective enforcement.

So I find it funny that you mentioned irony before. I see the irony in criticising police for supposed "abuse of power", when the same thing happens here.

But as I said I am done in this thread as I see it is hopeless of rational conversations between both sides.

Last edited:
No, you didn't just "say" you dislike someone's HDR - you practically berated them for posting them. Other forumers can attest to your use of language and intent in that regard. Nice try casting yourself as the victim when it is someone else doing the legwork and getting crapped on by you.

And yes, speaking of "abuse of power", you are still here, no? And if you want to equate arbitrary, unsubstantiated arrest and physical abuse with getting a few postings deleted on an anonymous moderated forum somewhere, be my guest.

AoD

Last edited:
That's not the same guy - and I think you knew that. And I don't recall any claims from him that he was just going to work when that incident happened. Was he even kettled? This is typical police attitude, make fun of the victim. You should be ashamed of yourself ... but I guess that's what you and your co-workers do, isn't it? As we've recently seem demonstrated by the class-action suits from the police in Western Canada.

Perhaps when a 'protester' throws a bottle of urine at you, you'll go over and give them a hug.
And what excuse do you offer for the corrupt police officer turning the other way when it was clear than their fellow officers had removed their identification. Or the general lack of co-operation of TPS officers in SIU investigations. While one should have the right to remain silent ... one shouldn't have the right to employment if one has exercised the right to remain silent.

Learn to read.
I don't see any reason for such rudeness.

I said I don't care if anarchist vandals destroying my city were beaten, because I don't.
That's the problem though, isn't it. In general, it wasn't the anarchist vandals that were beaten. Go through the reports. In general, those convicted of the serious crimes - the real anarchists here - weren't arrested or beaten during the G20. They got away on Saturday. The police then went out of control, and started beating innocent people after this on Saturday evening and Sunday.

Pretty much. I'm sure if anyone here owned a shop that was destroyed by vandals they would be less against their "mistreatment".
Again I ask, what vandals were mistreated? Didn't you find it surprising that when they started rounding them all up from the photo-identification, that it turned out that few if any had actually been arrested during the mass arrests?

Back