News   May 24, 2024
 3.4K     1 
News   May 24, 2024
 772     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 373     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/ju...t-a-quebec-la-sq-confirme-un-seul-suspect.php

François Deschamps, membre du comité Bienvenue aux réfugiés, créé il y a un an lors de l'arrivée massive de Syriens au Canada, a reconnu la photo d'Alexandre Bissonnette publiée par Le Soleil. «J'ai fait le saut quand je l'ai vu», lance-t-il au bout du fil.

«On observe beaucoup ce que font et disent les gens d'extrême droite. Lui, il a tenu des propos identitaires sur notre page Facebook. Il agissait comme un troll. Il s'attaquait aussi aux droits des femmes», se souvient M. Deschamps.

In the meantime, the MAGAs are posting fake news about how CBC confirmed the two shooters are Muslims. Okay then.

AoD

Alternative facts are everywhere. I keep reading about a "Muslim ban" in the U.S. but haven't seen any policy that restricts Muslims from entering. Funny that.

Alternative facts are everywhere. I keep reading about a "Muslim ban" in the U.S. but haven't seen any policy that restricts Muslims from entering. Funny that.

Yeah, not a Muslim ban, just a ban on people from seven countries with overwhelmingly Muslim populations, with exceptions for religious minorities (i.e. non-Muslims).

Yeah, tell us again how this isn't directed at Muslims. It's cute.

Yeah, not a Muslim ban, just a ban on people from seven countries with overwhelmingly Muslim populations, with exceptions for religious minorities (i.e. non-Muslims).

Yeah, tell us again how this isn't directed at Muslims. It's cute.

Last I checked there are more than 7 countries with Muslim-majority populations. 87% of the world's Muslims are not impacted by the "ban on Muslims". Even your buddy Obama has put temporary bans on immigration from certain countries.

Last I checked there are more than 7 countries with Muslim-majority populations. 87% of the world's Muslims are not impacted by the "ban on Muslims". Even your buddy Obama has put temporary bans on immigration from certain countries.

My "buddy" Obama? What are you talking about?

When you ban people of one faith, and exclude people of other faiths who otherwise meet the same criteria, it's ban on people of that faith, whether or not it (yet) captures everyone of that faith.

My "buddy" Obama? What are you talking about?

When you ban people of one faith, and exclude people of other faiths who otherwise meet the same criteria, it's ban on people of that faith, whether or not it (yet) captures everyone of that faith.

By that logic, Trudeau banned single males from Canada. What a sexist!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/23/canada-syrian-refugee-resettlement-plan-no-single-men

I've never heard of a ban on a group that still allows 87% of them into a country.

By that logic, Trudeau banned single males from Canada. What a sexist!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/23/canada-syrian-refugee-resettlement-plan-no-single-men

I've never heard of a ban on a group that still allows 87% of them into a country.

Again, a little more careful with facts please. Trudeau did not ban males, or even single males (who were welcome as long as they were travelling with their family). The government did not allow unaccompanied men who were not at greater risk than the others (i.e. so gay single men, among others, were also permitted) in that one tranche of refugees. Hardly sexist. Maybe temporary discrimination on the basis of marital status. But for this to be even remotely relevant, come talk to us when Trudeau bans men from a bunch of countries from entering Canada.

You're really missing the point on the ban. I can only assume on purpose. Muslim countries are targeted and Muslims are being treated differently than people of other faiths from those countries. It doesn't cease to be a Muslim ban because, while affecting millions upon millions of Muslims, it doesn't (yet) cover all Muslims. It's a ban that only applies to Muslims.

A bit of important detail on the "second gunman" from La Presse.

So much grace and so little bitterness. Guess our humanity isn't as hopeless as we suspect.

The earlier statement of "We all know which guy was the shooter and the religion of peace that he follows" must have been referring to Alexandre Bissonnette then.

"Muslim ban" means that Muslims aren't allowed in the U.S. At least 87% of worldwide Muslims are still allowed in the U.S. Also, the ban is temporary and a stop-gap measure until they improve screening. You can still be outraged by the ban without lying about what it is.

Back