News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 325     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 890     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

I think it's a lot more politically feasible to drastically reduce the issuance of new visas/TFW applications than to expel people who are already here. Even making it much more difficult to come here will be unpopular with immigrant communities.

Foreign students I would allow to stay until their course of study is complete, there is a clear and logical promise there.

How is a TFW entitled to remain indefinitely?

Not indefinitely, there is a term on the work permit. I'd be fine with reducing the acceptance rate of extensions.

Let's be honest. The reason we are getting flooded with students is because we provide them a pathway to residency. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. What is bad is that we have designed a system that misdirects and misplaces their efforts. So instead of getting construction and healthcare workers we need, we're getting a ton of marketing majors who just want an easy major while they work 40 hrs per week to pay for school.

Aside from cutting the number of students, much more effort needs to be made to make sure those who are lucky enough to get here pursue skills we need. One point, I'd like to see is no more 1 yr diploma programs that qualify. Full 2 yr / 4 semester college programs as a minimum. And a list of needed subject areas. We don't need more business majors. If somebody comes here as a business major, they should know it's just for an education. No pathway to residency.

They don't get how it works. You can and have to be wonkish in Opposition to show you can govern. In office, you have to show empathy so that voters think you understand their priorities and issues. This video is good. But they've got a bigger comms problem.

but the definition of TFW is 'Temporary'
I think that aspect has been so muddied by both government policy and 'immigration consultants' who either outright lie or game the system so it makes the government look like the bad guy. Even an offer of employment should only lead to Permanent Residency if it is a sector we have a need of.

The Liberals are actually making gains in Housing and immigration levels will go down in the coming years. There main problem is the carbon tax, any further increases and they are certain to lose the next election.
It's the eye test, even with the rebates people only see gas prices going up.

Also, none of the clean investment tax credits has passed into law.

The climate file was supposed to be the Liberals biggest strength, now it's their biggest weakness.

The Liberals are actually making gains in Housing and immigration levels will go down in the coming years. There main problem is the carbon tax, any further increases and they are certain to lose the next election.
It's the eye test, even with the rebates people only see gas prices going up.

The climate file was supposed to be the Liberals biggest strength, now it's their biggest weakness.
No, the LPC's biggest weakness is their total inaction on the cost of living and housing file.

No, the LPC's biggest weakness is their total inaction on the cost of living and housing file.
Inaction on housing? They have tons of agreements in place with municipalities to build fourplexes. The Bank of Canada's interest rate hikes are causing the cost of living crisis. Inflation is down to 2.8%, so they are likely to cut soon.

The carbon tax is killing the Liberals right now. There whole climate agenda is a mess.

The Liberals are actually making gains in Housing

What's your evidence to back this up?

The average person neither knows nor cares about investment tax credits. I'd bet a paycheque that you couldn't explain the impact of them in any depth beyond what some Liberal forum told you either.

I invest in cleantech. I'm aware of the value of these. But to pretend the average person cares would be highly presumptuous.

They have tons of agreements in place with municipalities to build fourplexes.

People can't live in agreements.

The Bank of Canada's interest rate hikes are causing the cost of living crisis. Inflation is down to 2.8%, so they are likely to cut soon.

The Bank of Canada gets its mandate from the government. They are free to legislate a change to the 2% target if they want. You have been told this before. Are you just starting to troll by repeating debunked points now?

The carbon tax is killing the Liberals right now. There whole climate agenda is a mess.

The carbon tax wasn't a problem until cost of living became a problem. That should tell you where the real problem is.

They have tons of agreements in place with municipalities to build fourplexes.

No, they have agreements to allow fourplexes, not build them.

Big difference!

Also while that's swell and all, but no developer is building anything at a loss, or renting at a loss; at least on purpose, and such new units will not materially alter the price the market pays w/o substantial moderation in demand.

The industry can't build more than it is now, its fully taxed; that means that you may get a shift in unit type, but not numbers.

A greater range of types may allow a few extra units through insofar as some different trades may be used (no high-mast crane operator require, for which there is acute shortage, possibly a truss roof, the builders of which actually have some surplus labour), but the difference is is marginal at best.

Are the
What's your evidence to back this up?

The average person neither knows nor cares about investment tax credits. I'd bet a paycheque that you couldn't explain the impact of them in any depth beyond what some Liberal forum told you either.

I invest in cleantech. I'm aware of the value of these. But to pretend the average person cares would be highly presumptuous.
Nobody care about the clean investment tax credits? Are you kidding me? Are you serious? The inflation reductions act already created more then 50 billion dollars in investments in the US. It is sucking investment away from Canada, and that is hurting our productivity and quality of life.
Canadian clean tech firms are moving south of the border at records numbers because of the IRA. Remember this is a trillion dollar industry.
You wonder why the US economy is booming, while the Canadian economy is shit? It's because the US has the IRA.

Honda considering $18.4B electric vehicle and battery plant in Canada: media report​

Honda wants to use one of Canada's clean investment tax credits for this plant.

Would you rather Canada gets this plant, or the US?

I think Justin Trudeau is going to step down by the end of the year. He has too. It is going to be because of the carbon tax. It is HUGELY unpopular. It also increases every year.
Canadians are not going to accept paying over $2/L for gas regardless of the rebates. What is next $3/L? They need to pause the increases or strap on policy. They will lose the election if they don't.

Back