213     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 786     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 430     0 

Park Lake Residences Condos (Pemberton Group) - Real Estate -

Delays and recourse

Hope everyone is doing well,
I wanted to get people's experience with long delays from expected date of closing to the actual one. Anyone explore legal steps for compensation?

I bought in Aug of 2006 and was told expect approx. closing June 2008, now the realistic date is April 2010..... thoughts?

Last edited:
Hope everyone is doing well,
I wanted to get people's experience with long delays from expected date of closing to the actual one. Anyone explore legal steps for compensation?

I bought in Aug of 2006 and was told expect approx. closing June 2008, now the realistic date is April 2010..... thoughts?

Yeah.. its called cancellation and get your deposit back, otherwise not much except sit back and wait for the moving date.

I am not sure that you can cancel the contract just because the project is delayed. You'll have to check your agreement and see if there were any clauses regarding delays (they do a very good job in covering their butts!)

Thanx guys, I am not trying to get out of the contract as I still plan on living there. I will look for a real estate lawyer who doesn't just push paper but actually does litigation to hear options :cool:

I think there would be too much noise and no privacy for these people. Not crazy about this one nor its location.

No privacy? Do the paparazzi plan to have cameras at each level? The cars
passing by the gardnier can't view much at all and the surrounding buildings are too distant to see anything.

Yeah, I'm not fond of the area either. It's a pain having the lake, sand, and park seconds away. Oh, and being able to kiss the 399 acre high park, have a spectacular view of the city, and the convenience of being close to the city, without having to be in it is simply unbearable:rolleyes: Give me a break Drew.

obviously josef it sounds as if you have a personal interest in this building.
Did you purchase a unit there?

Yes its beautiful being the median on the gardiner and looking into your neigbours dinner plate.

Yes granted there are nearby acres of luscious land but the area to me is not pedestrian nor driver friendly. If that is what you call a kiss then I am giving you the tongue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josef......do you purchase a unit there?

To me its the only reason why you are so defensive, which of course is childs play.

I'm not arguing that there are perks to the location. It really depends on your lifestyle, but what bothers me is that there really no place to walk to unless your fond of the water/park.

It seems to be in the middle of everything, but there is really nothing around

Josef......do you purchase a unit there?

To me its the only reason why you are so defensive, which of course is childs play.

I'm not arguing that there are perks to the location. It really depends on your lifestyle, but what bothers me is that there really no place to walk to unless your fond of the water/park.

It seems to be in the middle of everything, but there is really nothing around

I think Josef clearly disclosed that he/she was a purchaser @ Park lake ... read through the thread and you'll see ...

nothing wrong with a purchaser defending their future home IMO ... in complete honestly, Park Lake is not a bad project at all (yes its literally kissing Gardiner Expressway), but to its advantage that its lake views will be secured and protected ... design wise, I think Park Lake is the ONLY decent building that Pemberton has under its name (so far) ;)

Josef,
Forget that fool. Otherwise this is going to turn into one of those fanboy forums where little boys trash each other for buying a PlayStation3 and not an xbox360...

Onto more interesting things...
Has anyone been close to the PL site lately? Any news on interior installations? Just heard from a friend who's just about ready to move into his Tridel building (Grande Triomphe2) in North York and is going through all sorts of heck regarding PDI issues. Not looking forward to finding stuff wrong with my suite and having them tell me, "well, you have the option of just cancelling your purchase..."

how is this area for crime and young teenagers?
any projects or co-op housing near?

Hey..... this is in the middle of nowhere, away from daytime traffic jams the only thing that happens around there is some late night skinny dipping, you also might consider buying a good pair of binoculars and catch the late night play by play action on the beach parking lot.:D

Hey..... this is in the middle of nowhere, away from daytime traffic jams the only thing that happens around there is some late night skinny dipping, you also might consider buying a good pair of binoculars and catch the late night play by play action on the beach parking lot.:D

I am talking about this little ghetto complex at queensway and windermere.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2u8i7px.jpg

is that a goverment housing co-op?

anybody know?

I am talking about this little ghetto complex at queensway and windermere.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2u8i7px.jpg

is that a goverment housing co-op?

anybody know?

that complex on Swansea Mews does not look ghetto (from the outside) by any definition IMO ... its aged quite well in fact, looks to me like something from early 80s? the design is quite similar to two projects in North York both are 6 storey apartment/stacked condo townhouses (non rental), located at 4001-4005 Don Mills @ SE of Steeles and 165 Cherokee @ SE of Finch (E of 404)

but to answer caddyfleet's question, it appears that the complex in question is in fact low income housing managed by TCHC:

SWANSEA MEWS
PCLS has done a lot of work with the residents of the Swansea Mews, a public housing project. It was built on land that had been part of Swansea Works, a steel mill making bolts. A former pond, similar to Grenadier Pond, had been filled in with contaminated waste from the Swansea Works. This public housing project, now part of the Toronto Community Housing Corporation (TCHC), has been plagued with cracked walls and foundations due to the settling of the fill.

source: http://www.parkdalelegal.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=66

It seems closer to NXT than ParkLake, I just hate living near co-ops and govt funding housing.

Last edited:

Back