oneeleven Condominiums (Harhay/Carttera) - Real Estate -

Actually there is project (525 Adelaide) coming up to the east side of this project, I think the plan is for 19 storeys so it will block the entire view for the east-facing units, even for the higher floors. That is downtown!!

how close is 525?

i wonder how much that will affect price and resaleability when the market is in a downturn?

there's a unit i am considering but it's on a low floor and next to a laneway about 10-15 ft away from the building next door.
location is desirable in dt core and unit is priced 25% less than higher floors.

obviously no views but that's common place in dt TO ... what are opinions out there?

That's a hard call. Not sure there's anyway to know for certain how close 525 is going to be until both buildings are actually up. I agree with you about the views (nothing is guaranteed in downtown TO) - I would just be worried about the proximity (i.e. can you reach over and pass a beer from your balcony to the balcony in the next building).

When you say it's 10-15 feet away from a laneway - are you referring to that laneway to the south that runs between 650 and the future 111? Or something else?

Speaking of which, sucks to be anyone who purchased one of those north facing units in 650 that are going to be blocked by 111. But I guess those are the risks of downtown living...

That's a hard call. Not sure there's anyway to know for certain how close 525 is going to be until both buildings are actually up. I agree with you about the views (nothing is guaranteed in downtown TO) - I would just be worried about the proximity (i.e. can you reach over and pass a beer from your balcony to the balcony in the next building).

When you say it's 10-15 feet away from a laneway - are you referring to that laneway to the south that runs between 650 and the future 111? Or something else?

Speaking of which, sucks to be anyone who purchased one of those north facing units in 650 that are going to be blocked by 111. But I guess those are the risks of downtown living...

it's not this building but for the project i'm referring to, there's a laneway thats about 15 wide according to the plans submitted to Toronto planners, which will be used as the main access in/out of the building etc.

i'm planning for end-user status, but concerned about resaleability since it's a lower floor unit right overlooking the lane with obstructed view ... it is pre-con that probably won't be done for another 6 years.

pricing is $500 psf vs $650-700+ in the same building on higher floors with better views.

it's not this building but for the project i'm referring to, there's a laneway thats about 15 wide according to the plans submitted to Toronto planners, which will be used as the main access in/out of the building etc.

i'm planning for end-user status, but concerned about resaleability since it's a lower floor unit right overlooking the lane with obstructed view ... it is pre-con that probably won't be done for another 6 years.

pricing is $500 psf vs $650-700+ in the same building on higher floors with better views.

Are you referring to the 2 beds 933 sq ft unit facing north overlooking the lane?? if so, that is the best layout this project has but I understand your concern

Makes sense now...

$500 psf is great! However if that's the underground parking laneway and it's a low level unit, I'd be a bit concerned.

What floor are you looking at? How low? And no, I'm not interesting in buying myself - just interested in the project. :) We had our chance to get in last year and decided to go in a completely different direction (house).

Good luck making a decision. I'm guessing there are probably some time pressures.

Keep in mind...not everyone wants to be on a high floor with lots of sun. My mom is afraid of heights and would probably never live in anything above the 4th floor. My girlfriend lives on the 4th floor and couldn't care less about views since her blinds are always drawn. I think a nice view is cool, but it's not everything.

I wouldn't pay a premium for a low floor unit with no view, but if the price was right and the layout, finishes, building, etc. were good, then I don't see a problem.

I've lived on low floors and high floors and I think I'm more of a low floor guy. As long as there's some light, I'm good.

Keep in mind...not everyone wants to be on a high floor with lots of sun. My mom is afraid of heights and would probably never live in anything above the 4th floor. My girlfriend lives on the 4th floor and couldn't care less about views since her blinds are always drawn. I think a nice view is cool, but it's not everything.

I wouldn't pay a premium for a low floor unit with no view, but if the price was right and the layout, finishes, building, etc. were good, then I don't see a problem.

I've lived on low floors and high floors and I think I'm more of a low floor guy. As long as there's some light, I'm good.

You'll get no disagreement from me when it comes to living in the unit. The place we just moved out of (and are selling) is only on the 6th floor and has a relatively crappy view. We didn't care (views are overrated). It had a massive living space and that's what mattered - and living there was GREAT. But now that we are selling, we can see that views are big with lots of people (the majority?) and having a crappy view definitely reduces your resale pool. That's why I rank the view high for resale even though it's low on my "things I care about" list.

You'll get no disagreement from me when it comes to living in the unit. The place we just moved out of (and are selling) is only on the 6th floor and has a relatively crappy view. We didn't care (views are overrated). It had a massive living space and that's what mattered - and living there was GREAT. But now that we are selling, we can see that views are big with lots of people (the majority?) and having a crappy view definitely reduces your resale pool. That's why I rank the view high for resale even though it's low on my "things I care about" list.

You're right. Views matter. But with all the condos that are being built now, good views are few and far between. Plus, is your reduced resale pool due to the crappy view, or the price?

You're right. Views matter. But with all the condos that are being built now, good views are few and far between.

similar attitude here ... i personally don't care about the view but concerned about resaleability when i decide to sell.

it's the 3rd floor and overlooks the main vehicular access in/out of the building etc.

the building location is prime, but the suite location is questionable ... lol

similar attitude here ... i personally don't care about the view but concerned about resaleability when i decide to sell.

it's the 3rd floor and overlooks the main vehicular access in/out of the building etc.

the building location is prime, but the suite location is questionable ... lol

Do you think you'll get any sunlight?

I wonder how sales are going and if they will increase now that 620 King - Context has been put on hold or cancelled.

Walked past the sales centre this morning at 10:00 and there was a line up outside with police security at the parking lot entrance.
There was apparently a VIP Broker's event at noon. Posted on the door was a will call list with about 90 agents long.

Walked past the sales centre this morning at 10:00 and there was a line up outside with police security at the parking lot entrance.
There was apparently a VIP Broker's event at noon. Posted on the door was a will call list with about 90 agents long.

i'm not quite following as to why there's VIP broker event since it's been selling to the public for months now !

i think the developers are piling on incentives (starting with higher commissions to brokers) to get the inventory moving on all projects in the city, as well as creating a false sense of 'urgency' to get people to commit.

i'm not quite following as to why there's VIP broker event since it's been selling to the public for months now !

i think the developers are piling on incentives (starting with higher commissions to brokers) to get the inventory moving on all projects in the city, as well as creating a false sense of 'urgency' to get people to commit.

I read something about "live mortgage free for a year" event.

Back