One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

Hi guys, I checked my thermostat and I am able to adjust the temperature without any issues. It can be set to lower than 23 degrees. I believe mine goes down to 19 degrees. Yes, air conditioning would not work, but the temperature should not stay constantly at 23 degrees. That's too high! I would have them take a look at it right away. Your hydro bill might be enormous.

As for deficiencies, no they haven't fixed anything. Its extremely annoying but I guess I should be hopeful that it will eventually get done.

I agree there are some very bad details that need to be fixed on some floors. Overall things look good on the outside but you can tell they tried to rush a lot. Hope they go over these things and correct them because these little details make a difference.

On another note to shorty and Ana and whoever else moved in...have any of you guys had problems with the thermostats and heating in your units? My problem is the heat never seems to go DOWN to what I want it. No matter what setting I put it on it constantly stays at 23 degrees and higher?? I've tried contacting Andre about this but that guy is like non existent when it comes to responding back.

In terms of deficiencies..how have they been handled for you guys? do you still have a big list or are they knocking them all out now?

does this building allow BBQ's on balconies via direct natural gas line?

Nope, there are no BBQ's allowed on the balconies. There is (or will be) a large community area with BBQ's for residents to use.

Edit: I'm not sure if it's One Valhalla or another building but I remember something about BBQ's being allowed only on the corner penthouse units. For some reason I'm thinking this was the last building I bought (which got canceled before I bought a Thunderbird unit).

Nope, there are no BBQ's allowed on the balconies. There is (or will be) a large community area with BBQ's for residents to use.

Edit: I'm not sure if it's One Valhalla or another building but I remember something about BBQ's being allowed only on the corner penthouse units. For some reason I'm thinking this was the last building I bought (which got canceled before I bought a Thunderbird unit).

ok thanks for the clarity.

i see on the thunderbird site it says "natural gas line available on terraces and patios"

so i guess if you want to use your own bbq you MUST buy a unit with a terrace.

ok thanks for the clarity.

i see on the thunderbird site it says "natural gas line available on terraces and patios"

so i guess if you want to use your own bbq you MUST buy a unit with a terrace.

BBQ's are allowed in the townhouse terraces and first floor units in the tower with patios. These units have natural gas lines for bbq hookups. My unit has a one.

Not necessarily.....

BBQ's are allowed in the townhouse terraces and first floor units in the tower with patios. These units have natural gas lines for bbq hookups. My unit has a one.

I am in the only currently occupied townhouse that is connected to the tower and they did not install my natural gas line. It was left as an outstanding on my PDI but they aren't sure if there are supposed to be natural gas lines attached to the tower. Either that or they just cut corners like they did in the rest of our unit to get it done faster.....

I am in the only currently occupied townhouse that is connected to the tower and they did not install my natural gas line. It was left as an outstanding on my PDI but they aren't sure if there are supposed to be natural gas lines attached to the tower. Either that or they just cut corners like they did in the rest of our unit to get it done faster.....

They aren't sure?? uhhhhh I'm pretty sure they know if its supossed to have one or not. If it was in your original plans then it should be there. It will show on the sheet you got during your PDI showing where all electrical outlets and lights are. Should double check that. ps. welcome to the building

Not sure if it's just me being anal or if others are annoyed as well.

The HRV and furnace blower are quite loud. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn on/off the HRV and the furnace fan. These run continuously in the bedroom (in the one bedroom configuration).

Has anyone reconfigured the system so that it can be run when desired instead of continuously?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi Ana,
Can you advise if you don't mind how much is your hydro bill average cost for this winter is so far? want to compare with what we are paying right now and what could be the cost for our condo in Thunderbird. Want to confirm their "high energy saving" terms...

Hi guys, I checked my thermostat and I am able to adjust the temperature without any issues. It can be set to lower than 23 degrees. I believe mine goes down to 19 degrees. Yes, air conditioning would not work, but the temperature should not stay constantly at 23 degrees. That's too high! I would have them take a look at it right away. Your hydro bill might be enormous.

As for deficiencies, no they haven't fixed anything. Its extremely annoying but I guess I should be hopeful that it will eventually get done.

If you are in the condo there is a way to turn it off. Just open the lid of the main fan (large rectangular one) that's in the living room close to the thermostat. There is an on/off switch. I hope this works for you.

The HRV and furnace blower are quite loud. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn on/off the HRV and the furnace fan. These run continuously in the bedroom (in the one bedroom configuration).

Has anyone reconfigured the system so that it can be run when desired instead of continuously?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, there is a delay in hydro bills and we are waiting for the first statement. As soon as I receive it, I can certainly post it.

Hi Ana,
Can you advise if you don't mind how much is your hydro bill average cost for this winter is so far? want to compare with what we are paying right now and what could be the cost for our condo in Thunderbird. Want to confirm their "high energy saving" terms...

Hi all! I bought a 1B+D unit in phase 2, and have my colour selection appointment coming up soon!

The prices that the developer is providing me for upgrades is outrageous!!! So I'll probably be upgrading most items myself once I move in. This leads me to my question... did the builder provide any of you with the supplier of the laminate flooring used? I don't want carpet in the bedroom, but I also don't want to pay $1000 for laminate.

Thanks for all the info I've gotten by lurking :) I can't wait to move in!

HRV Blowing

I feel the same way. It's annoying because it's loud, it's constant and the draft that blows directly onto me while I'm sitting on the living room couch is enough to give me a head cold. This is my home, and I should be given the choice whether or not to have this thing run all the time. It sucks. I opened the unit and I can't find an on/off switch anywhere. I also tried reconfiguring the system by programming the thermostat and that didn't work either. Normally when the fan mode is set to 'auto', the unit would shut off when it reached the desired temp, but instead it continues to blow, and the draft is cold. It' called "wind chill factor". Ugh. There must be something we can do? I feel we need to bring the issue up at the upcoming meeting on March 6th.

Thanks in advance!

Back