NXT & NXT2 Condos (Cresford Developments) - Real Estate -

Don't buy anything for the next year. By then that $460 will be closer to $400.

If I get dollar for everytime I hear this I would be rich and buy any condo/house I want. The smartest I have heard someone say is buy when you are ready and buy something that you would want to live in for many years.

Do you think that this is the best condo in the area? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, do you think that this is the best condo in the area? Thanks.
well that depends on who you talk to ... to a NXT purchaser of course this is the best building in this area ... my opinion is different though, I would prefer other non-Cresford buildings

Last edited by a moderator:
the SW, NW, N, NE views from NXT1 are decent ~

well that depends on who you talk to ... to a NXT purchaser of course this is the best building in this area ... my opinion is different though, I would prefer other non-Cresford buildings

Thanks, that's good to know. Do you prefer Phase 1 or 2? I suppose that for Phase 2, the N, NW, W, SW views are good? How about S generally? Isn't that a good view?

What do you think are good condos then?

I would venture west to Humber Bay Shores, plenty of choices there including Navigator/Explorer/Nautilus/Waterscapes, Grenadier Landing, Nevis, Newport Beach, and Waterford Towers .... soon joining that scene will be Sailwinds, Waterways, Chestnut Homes and 2183 Lake Shore Blvd ........ and Park Lake seems to be a good product (for the price) with an excellent view

View wise ... NXT phase 2 should be slightly better ... phase 1 is good if want unobstructed NE views towards High Park

Thanks, that's good to know. Do you prefer Phase 1 or 2? I suppose that for Phase 2, the N, NW, W, SW views are good? How about S generally? Isn't that a good view?

What do you think are good condos then?

I am a little bias as I am a proud owner of NXT phase 1 but I must say that if you like the idea of living in a "resort" like atmosphere with indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts, cinema, and on-site daycare (important to me) then this is a great development!!!

The South West view that I will have includes a beauty shot of the Humber bridge, sheldons lookout, and the island key that shoots out from the palace pier area. I personally think thats a great view, to the north I think I may pick up the portion of the Humber River where it pools into a large pond like area. Quite nice!!

NXT is also the right on the street car line just like its sister Windamere on the Lake.

Like I said I'm bias but for good reason very pumped about NXT!!

I am a little bias as I am a proud owner of NXT phase 1 but I must say that if you like the idea of living in a "resort" like atmosphere with indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts, cinema, and on-site daycare (important to me) then this is a great development!!!

The South West view that I will have includes a beauty shot of the Humber bridge, sheldons lookout, and the island key that shoots out from the palace pier area. I personally think thats a great view, to the north I think I may pick up the portion of the Humber River where it pools into a large pond like area. Quite nice!!

NXT is also the right on the street car line just like its sister Windamere on the Lake.

I just visited the site today: it's very nice. I'm still deciding though. Wish the prices were lower though!

When do you expect to move in? What amenities (24hr grocery stores, restaurants, theatre(?), etc) are nearby? Thanks.

I am on the 10th floor, so without any delays I would expect to move in late November/early December....however, I would expect some delays so I'm predicting January/February of next year. Occupancy is set right now for September 30th and I haven't been given any indication of that changing as of yet.

With regards to nearby amenities, a 5 minute drive west on the queensway (east of parklawn) will connect you with 24h grocery, banks, restaurants, etc... as well, a quick stroll up to Bloor St W will offer a variety of other places to spend your money.

So you don't think that Sept occupancy is possible, but early next year instead?

Thx for your amenities info.

It is definitely possible - but there are always delays towards the end of construction on projects like this...

That being said, when I went by the site yesterday there were two Barzotti Kitchen trucks on the site delivering materials so I am assuming that means the kitchens are being installed as I type this, which likely means all finishes will be completed in the coming days/weeks/months.

Who knows, perhaps Cresford will deliver by September 30th....but I find it hard to believe that some type of delay won't take place.

Just my $0.02

It is definitely possible - but there are always delays towards the end of construction on projects like this...

That being said, when I went by the site yesterday there were two Barzotti Kitchen trucks on the site delivering materials so I am assuming that means the kitchens are being installed as I type this, which likely means all finishes will be completed in the coming days/weeks/months.

Who knows, perhaps Cresford will deliver by September 30th....but I find it hard to believe that some type of delay won't take place.

Just my $0.02

Thanks for your reply. I'm definitely no expert, so I wonder if anyone can tell just be viewing the building how realistic is Sept occupancy. What was the original date btw and were there any delays from that? How many times did they postpone the move-in date? Thx again.

Last edited:
That I do not know - I purchased my unit on September 2nd 2009.

Since then, they have been sticking to September 30th 2010 - although last summer I remember seeing a banner that said "Move in Spring 2010" which has now been changed too "Move in Summer 2010" and will likely need to be updated too "Move in sometime in the near future" :)

Would there be a concern buying the lowest floor (3/F)? Or buying the lowest floor in general?

Back