News   May 10, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3.1K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

CP24 reports that an old lady fainted waiting in a long line to vote. Paramedics are wheeling her out and she'll be fine but she was planning to vote for Ford and wasn't able to.

Later.... Breaking News George Smitherman wins by 1 vote!

Good to see huge lineups downtown.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Rob Ford showing his kids on Live tv probably hoping to tug at the heart strings of Torontonians and get them to go vote in the final 20 minutes of the race....

...but his daughter is a little too excited and Ford almost loses his cool. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Talking to people around work (at U of T) every single one is voting against Ford. I've never seen so many 20 and 30 something in line for the polls.

Ooh, CP24 is interviewing Ford.
a) Gravy Train
b) Kyle Rae
c) "I'm really looking forward to working with all 44 councillors"

Also, his daughter apparently is a real shit disturber watching her misbehave on TV.

If there's one thing I've learned today, it's that homophobia is still very prevalent in Toronto and it is playing a role in this election. I can't believe how much outright homophobia I've encountered today and through this past week. it's one thing to vote against someone based on policy, but this is embarrassing. It's the 21st century, folks.

Yep, homophobia does seem to be rearing it's ugly head in Toronto. I've never had a complete stranger just start talking to me about not accepting homosexuals but it happened to me a few days ago. When I told her I was gay, she shut up. Coincidence?

It's pretty understandable: even though Ford has enjoyed a slight lead in the polls, he's been waaay behind among people who were definitely going to vote. They therefore need every to get everyone who even slightly might vote for them to get to the polling booth. Especially in areas where they figure their support is high.

But if we wake up tomorrow with him as our mayor, don't blame his crew: blame the NDP for working hard to split the Anti-Ford vote. A vote for Joe IS a vote for Ford.

I phoned the NDP party a few days ago and basically said the same thing. The debate got quite heated, with me saying I'll never vote NDP again. I just hate the fact that they are quite willing to sacrifice Toronto, for their so-called principles. Screw their principles, if it means having to deal with Ford for 3 years! I've been voting strategically my whole life. From now on, it's Liberal or Green Party for me.

For those who can't stomach a second of Ann Rohmer and Steven Ledrew. CityTV is hosting CityVote on channel 01 with Gord Martineau and the citytv crew.

Back