News   Jun 06, 2024
 746     0 
News   Jun 06, 2024
 580     0 
News   Jun 06, 2024
 473     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Ya I've been getting endless calls and even a text this morning from Ford's campaign. I'm SO PISSED! This is harrassment, and I would never sign up for anything Ford-related. I wanna call the campaign office and tell them to F off!

I found out from my mother that Ford's campaign did the same to our house. Five calls in one day. Simply ridiculous. I hope this last minute 'harassment' backfires on his campaign.

On the other hand, Smitherman's team put up a ton of signs near the McCowan and 401 interchange, near where I live. Right outside CTV's studios I should add. ;)

I just voted! Smitherman for Mayor, and Brian Shifman for councilor.

I gotta admit I'm feeling a bit on edge tonight. I have this weird sense that Ford might win. It scares me.

On a brighter note, I managed to convince both my mom and sister that a vote for Pants was a wasted vote, and essentially a vote for Ford. Smitherman = +2 votes lol.

If there's one thing I've learned today, it's that homophobia is still very prevalent in Toronto and it is playing a role in this election. I can't believe how much outright homophobia I've encountered today and through this past week. it's one thing to vote against someone based on policy, but this is embarrassing. It's the 21st century, folks.

I just voted! Smitherman for Mayor, and Brian Shifman for councilor.

I gotta admit I'm feeling a bit on edge tonight. I have this weird sense that Ford might win. It scares me.

On a brighter note, I managed to convince both my mom and sister that a vote for Pants was a wasted vote, and essentially a vote for Ford. Smitherman = +2 votes lol.

Maybe it's good that I feel it's inevitable that Ford will win. I'm totally prepared for it but would feel like I won the lottery if he doesn't.

If there's one thing I've learned today, it's that homophobia is still very prevalent in Toronto and it is playing a role in this election. I can't believe how much outright homophobia I've encountered today and through this past week. it's one thing to vote against someone based on policy, but this is embarrassing. It's the 21st century, folks.

I bet many are not voting for Ford due to his "overweight redneck appearance"

I found out from my mother that Ford's campaign did the same to our house. Five calls in one day. Simply ridiculous. I hope this last minute 'harassment' backfires on his campaign.

It's pretty understandable: even though Ford has enjoyed a slight lead in the polls, he's been waaay behind among people who were definitely going to vote. They therefore need every to get everyone who even slightly might vote for them to get to the polling booth. Especially in areas where they figure their support is high.

But if we wake up tomorrow with him as our mayor, don't blame his crew: blame the NDP for working hard to split the Anti-Ford vote. A vote for Joe IS a vote for Ford.

I noticed a Mel Lastmen comparison above ... a few points regarding that.

Mel was (and will be) much more embarrassing then Rob will ever be.

But there's one thing Mel had that I'm not sure Rob does - there's been very little indication of it ... Mel was passionate about the city - is Ford, I'm not sure just yet.

They're similar on many other fronts btw ... conservative / cut costs ... although I think I'll give Ford the edge in the brightness category - his tax freeze for 3 years had dire consequences.

That would be 75% of Canadians...didn't some report say that 75% of Canadians (G Smitherman included) are overweight?

75% overweight? I don't believe that for a second, thats more of an American statistic lol. Canadians don't look like those rednecks from southern USA. Maybe in Alberta or Manitoba hehe.

75% overweight? I don't believe that for a second, thats more of an American statistic lol. Canadians don't look like those rednecks from southern USA. Maybe in Alberta or Manitoba hehe.

You give us too much credit.

I just realized ... this is my thread dammit! I pick who wins : )

ah well, should be over in 40min or so - the results come in pretty quick.

Back