News   May 10, 2024
 809     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 978     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 961     0 

Multiplexes

I might be reading the article wrong, but it sounds like all they're doing is allowing fourplexes to be built where triplexes can already be built. And if triplexes could already be built in these cities, why was no one building them?
One reason may be that this has been a thing for only a short while.

I might be reading the article wrong, but it sounds like all they're doing is allowing fourplexes to be built where triplexes can already be built. And if triplexes could already be built in these cities, why was no one building them?
It doesn't make a lot of financial sense, plain & simple. House prices haven't come down meaningfully to reflect the current interest rates. Construction loans and bridge loans carry much more interest than before these policies were introduced. And back then you could still build a lot of these small scale multiplexes, with the exception that you had to go through the committee/city, and that added more carrying cost.

994 Bathurst to add two large units for total of four. Great Main Street intensification. I think that this in on quite a lively part of Bathurst.

IMG_4626.png

IMG_4627.png
IMG_4628.png
IMG_4629.png
IMG_4630.png

Not very architecturally notable, but they're planning to convert an existing semi detached dwelling into a triplex. Located along Ossington, just north of College Street:

475 OSSINGTON AVE

To alter the existing two-and-one-half-storey detached dwelling by constructing a rear second storey addition and a rear third storey roof deck. There will be three residential dwelling units within this dwelling.

For the middle house with a sign in front:

475os.JPG

According to the Junctioneer's blog, there is a plan to convert 156 Maria Street in the Junction area from a duplex to a triplex, with also a garden suite at the rear of the property:

Located north of Dundas St W, and a bit east of Runnymede

mariaa.JPG

70 RONCESVALLES AVE

To convert the existing two-and-one-half-storey detached dwelling from one unit into four units by constructing a complete third storey addition. Also, to demolish the existing one-storey rear portion and to construct a three storey rear addition (with basement), rear balconies on the ground, second, and third floor levels, a third storey side balcony, as well as side (south) access stairs to the basement level. The front second storey balcony will also be expanded.

70ronce.JPG
70ronce2.JPG

Thanks! My one question is whether the street facing unit would be live/work or retail?

Back