News   Apr 26, 2024
 389     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 970     1 

Multiplexes

rdaner

Member Bio
Reaction score
3 unit conversion of a single unit residence south of Eglinton Avenue West. From CofA.
IMG_2765.png
IMG_2764.png
IMG_2763.png
IMG_2762.png

This is from southeast Scarborough. A single storey detached house is being replaced by a duplex and a two storey garden suite with possibly two units. There are tens of thousands of these one storey post war houses and if this is the start of a trend this will have a huge impact on inner suburban Toronto.
IMG_2776.png
IMG_2775.png
IMG_2774.png
IMG_2774.png

Long and narrow with a lack of windows. Works for a larger, multi-level home. Not sure it will be as great as flats. Reminds me of slightly less cramped apartments being built downtown. The number of bathrooms tells me the target is not to create affordabile homes. More million plus dollar units. Will it actually result in more people living in the same structure? Isn't that the point? Is the excitement iabout multi-family vs single family? I don't see much to be excitied about here.

Located on Bathurst, a few blocks south of Eglinton:

1725 BATHURST ST
Ward 12: Toronto-St. Paul's

To alter the existing detached, two-storey, five unit dwelling by constructing a third storey addition and a fourth storey mechanical penthouse addition. There will be a total of ten units within the altered dwelling.

-------------
1725ba.JPG

Current condition of existing building on site:

1725b2.JPG

357 DOVERCOURT RD
Ward 9: Davenport

To alter the existing two-storey dwelling by constructing a complete third storey addition, a rear second storey deck, side (north) stairs. This dwelling will have three units.

----------
NE corner of Dovercourt and Churchill, a couple blocks south of College:

doverc.JPG

Is it correct to say that we will see less of 6-9 units now as Development charges will have to be paid for all units, versus being waived off for upto 5 units?

Back