News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 601     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Multiplexes

667 Manning multiplex. Not sure how many units but a lot! Lol Taken 13 March.

IMG_8616.jpeg

IMG_8614.jpeg
IMG_8615.jpeg
IMG_8617.jpeg

1245 A QUEEN ST E

To construct a new five-storey semi-detached dwelling with a front basement walkout, a front covered porch with stairs, a front ground balcony, rear ground exterior stairs, front and rear third-storey balconies, front and rear fourth-storey balconies, and two fifth-storey (rooftop) patios. This dwelling will have a total of four residential dwelling units (fourplex).

1245queen.JPG

So I need clarification on something. The Ontario budget isn’t going to force 4 unit multiplexes on everyone but are they still legal now in cities that accepted Federal $ or is it something that they have to vote on?

This is Hamilton, but on first glance it seems odd to me. The basement is a 1bdrm unit and the upper single unit is a 5 bedroom, two living room, walk-in closet the size of a bedroom of the master bedroom. I wonder with some of these if the plan is to build a simple to build duplex, and then convert it later to a triplex? Or could it simply be a gaudy sized mansion with a basement suite?
1000005251.png
1000005247.png
1000005248.png
1000005249.png
1000005250.png

So I need clarification on something. The Ontario budget isn’t going to force 4 unit multiplexes on everyone but are they still legal now in cities that accepted Federal $ or is it something that they have to vote on?
I don't think that there's any additional vote needed.

I believe that the 4-unit discussion was just about whether to expand the existing existing province-wide 3-unit maximum to a 4-unit maximum

I don't think that there's any additional vote needed.

I believe that the 4-unit discussion was just about whether to expand the existing existing province-wide 3-unit maximum to a 4-unit maximum
Yes but that is on the provincial level. A number of cities have signed agreements for federal$ that allows 4 units/lot and I was wondering if that goes into effect immediately or there needs to be consultation and separate council votes. Big difference.

Yes but that is on the provincial level. A number of cities have signed agreements for federal$ that allows 4 units/lot and I was wondering if that goes into effect immediately or there needs to be consultation and separate council votes. Big difference.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Federal $ basically for 3 units, and then some cities went the extra mile and allowed 4 units/lot?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Federal $ basically for 3 units, and then some cities went the extra mile and allowed 4 units/lot?
Three units happened with Ford’s bill last year. Almost all of the articles that I saw on the Accelerator agreements had 4 as a feature.

Back