News   Apr 26, 2024
 110     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 412     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Morrissey vs. Canada

my guess? he's taking a stand on a hot-button issue to boost his indie/rebel cred, but he's taking a stand on an issue that will cost him minimal income. canada is a tiny market, his canadian fans will still buy his music, and the real diehard fans will even make the quick trip over the border to watch his shows in the states.
Hardly, Morrissey's pet issue has ALWAYS been animal rights (since The Smiths emerged on the scene in the mid-1980s). In fact, he even spoke directly about Canada's seal hunt at his Hummingbird Centre show in 2003.

When your ex-fans call you a wanker you know your career has gone down the toilet.
It may not be the glory days of Mozzer-mania (circa 1991), but saying that Mozz's career has gone down the toilet is a stretch. He had a very big comeback album in 2003, played many festivals (including headlining Coachella) and had a world tour that pretty much sold-out within days. His new album is already being hailed by the critics and it's not even out until April 4th. Sunset years? For sure. Down the toilet? Not even close.

Part of appreciating Morrissey and being a fan of Morrissey involves his (sometimes) ridiculous oratory about his pet issue(s). None of this really surprises me. Buffalo here I come!

Also, kind of funny this was announced two days after the annual Smiths-Morrissey Fest which was held at The Funhaus in T.O. on Saturday night. A few hundred fans were dancing about to the tunes of The Smiths and Morrissey and there was wild speculation in the room about some upcoming Canadian dates. And now this to further depress Canada's Mozz-nation.

A pic for fun...

morrissey72.jpg

"Down the toilet? Not even close."

Depends on who you're asking...how many 15 year-olds today have even heard of him?

Depends on who you're asking...how many 15 year-olds today have even heard of him?
Who cares? How many 15 year olds in 1991 had heard of Stephen Patrick Morrissey?

And now this to further depress Canada's Mozz-nation.

Like they needed it, if they're listening to him in the first place.

If we weren't meant to hunt seals, why are they so tasty and soft?

Kevin

15 year olds? We would have to shift just about everything if we're going to base things on the likes of 15 year olds.

Morrissey is fine, and that last album was wonderful. He can actually sing, and his lyrics are actually good. Those two don't come together very much anymore....

If we weren't meant to hunt seals, why are they so tasty and soft?

That's only after they tenderize them with the clubs.

I can't recall seeing anyone dressed in a seal pup coat here. Where does all that stuff end up?

^I think it's mostly for the ol' hats and handbags market. I have a small stuffed seal made from baby seal. I got it when I was quite little.

I'm surpised this hasn't been posted yet,

a472.gif

Back