News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 331     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 894     0 

Mix 99.9 Becomes Virgin Radio Effective Today

Hey, Zee 103.5 is okay, especially if you're driving....

Re: R2: haven't listened to it yet. Mom has always prefered Espace Musique, which has a more sophisticated, European focus. A good way to practise the French too, I hear.

Is Peter Togni's "Weekender" still on the air? That's about the only classical show I enjoyed on a regular basis.

Yes, I sometimes listen to Espace Musique in the evenings when they have classical, blues and jazz. It makes a break from hearing Mendelssohn's Overture to A Midsummer Night's Dream for the umpteenth time on CFMZ.

From what I've heard so far, Radio 2 seems to have opted for an American "melting pot" approach to programming - mixing several types pop music together - rather than maintaining a Canadian "multicultural" approach where each genre is allowed to be separate and quirky.

Though alternately, it might be argued as more *Canadian*--i.e. proud of its eclectic diversity--as opposed to the American-style red/blue taste-segmentation divides that have marked most commercial radio formulae over the past few decades...

Classical 96.3 has really gone downhill in the last few years.. I remember this one announcer, I believe her name was Petrenko, beautiful, soothing voice bringing us Adagio at night...

Now it's Sleep Country ads and occasional garbage, a far cry from the old Classical 96.3.

Z103 was the other station I'd listen to to get my fix of dance music, and by God have they gone downhill too.. I'm so sick of hip hop infiltrating every station I've ever listened to, soon I'll hear 96.3 playing Tupac. Bring back ENERGY FM! At least the good Wayback Wednesdays are here to stay, the 3 hours I can truly enjoy drives.

Back