News   May 02, 2024
 782     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 232     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 308     0 

miWay Transit

New to this particular thread so apologies if this has been discussed. Any idea when Orbitor and Skymark Hub will open on the Transitway?
The last I heard, the 2 next stations for the Transitway is to open in May due to construction being behind.

There is a good chance Renforth will not open in September and more like the end of the year or early 2018.

I don't expect the New Kipling Terminal to open in 2019 as plan and more 2020.

Need to watch the various threads since items get posted to them only than here

·MiWay will be servicing Spectrum and Orbitor Transitway Stations as of May 1st, 2017.

·Renforth Station is planned for opening in September 2017

The May 1 service changes will see continued rollout of the MiWay Five plan, with these changes having a heavy focus on weekend service.

Mississauga Transitway

Route 107 and 109 will serve Spectrum and Ornitor Stations.

1 Dundas

Saturday short trips between Hurontario and Wharton Way are eliminated (12 buses)

11 Westwood

Saturday frequency has improved to every 22 minutes from current 36 minutes (+1 bus). Route 11/11A branch service will be maintained.

Sunday frequency has improved to every 20-22 minutes from current 36 minutes (+1 bus)

22 Finch

Route 22 Sunday frequency has improved to every 36 minutes from current 45 minutes (+1 bus)

35 Eglinton

Route 35 will have Sunday service implemented. Service will operate every 45 minutes from 7:00am to 11:00pm. (+3 buses)

42 Derry

Weekday evening frequency has improved to every 27 minutes from 35 minutes (+1 bus)

Saturday frequency has improved to every 27 minutes from 36 minutes (+1 bus)

Sunday frequency has improved to every 36 minutes from 45 minutes (+1 bus)

61 Mavis

Saturday frequency has improved to 20 minutes all day from current 27 minutes (+1 bus)

Sunday frequency has improved to 26 minutes all day from current 34-38 minutes (+1 bus)

103 Hurontario Express

Saturday frequency has improved to every 20 minutes all day from current 25 minutes (+1 bus)

Route 103 will have Sunday service Implemented. Service will operate every 24 minutes from 8:00am to 10:00pm. (+4 buses)

Other minor schedule changes across the system as usual. The usual summer service reductions on routes serving post secondary schools apply as well: 66, 101, 107 and 110 reduced frequency, 101A not serving UTM, 107 only operating between City Centre and Westwood. Normal service will resume in September as usual.

I have a question. Does the UP Express count as "Go" in terms of MiWay's Co-Fare integration when transferring from the UP at Pearson to MiWay (i.e., Would I only have to pay 0.80$ to take a MiWay bus when coming in from the UP Express to Pearson)?

Reactions: jys
I have a question. Does the UP Express count as "Go" in terms of MiWay's Co-Fare integration when transferring from the UP at Pearson to MiWay (i.e., Would I only have to pay 0.80$ to take a MiWay bus when coming in from the UP Express to Pearson)?
Good question, I don't know. You might find more help in the UPX thread.

Curious...............is there any proposal to extend the Miss. Transitway all the way around the 403 to hook up with RER at Oakville?

Curious...............is there any proposal to extend the Miss. Transitway all the way around the 403 to hook up with RER at Oakville?
The Mississauga section is a small section of the whole network running from the east side of Toronto to Hamilton. West of 403 will go along the 407 while the east section was to use the Finch hydro corridor.

How is it going to get from Renforth to the Finch Corridor?
Until Hydro One changes its mind, the use of the Hydro corridor for transit is dead at this time. The plan was to use to use other corridor and land on an angle to connect to the Finch corridor with the 407 being the best option now.

The July 3 service changes will continue the MiWay Five plan somewhat, however as usual, the planned timelines and routes seem to change all the time. There is no route 54 as proposed, no route 38 streamlining, no cancellation of 25 or 43/87 as initially proposed. In fact it looks like there will be duplicating service along Matheson for the time being. Hopefully it's all just been pushed back until the fall.

What there is, however:

23 Lakeshore - Sunday frequency improves to 19 minutes from current 25 minutes (+1 bus) and earlier Sunday service

34 Credit Valley - New Sunday evening trips extending service to midnight.

38 Creditview - Route 38A Saturday Frequency has improved to 24 minutes from current 33 minutes (+1 bus). Slight improvement to Sunday service, from 45 minutes to 40 minutes (+1 bus). Route 38A and 39 will no longer interline.

39 Britannia - Route 39 will be extended to Skymark and Commerce via Matheson with off peak routing to Rose Cherry/Hershey Centre being maintained. Route 39 frequencies will remain the same as follows: Weekday peak 28-30 minutes, Weekday midday and evening 34-35 minutes, Saturday 33 minutes, Sunday 45 minutes. Route 38A and 39 will no longer interline.

43 Matheson - Routing revised to serve Terry Fox rather than McLaughlin. No change to frequency or service levels for now.

59 Airport Infield - Cancelled.

Other minor schedule changes to various routes.

Also there is this detour due to construction starting next Monday affecting the 7, 35 and 87.

As you can tell these changes pale in comparison to what had been advertised at information sessions and on the website. Hopefully they've just decided to phase it in within the next 2 service changes to allow people to get used to it (end of July and beginning of September).

Last edited:

Back