News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 357     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 926     1 

miWay Transit

Does anyone know why they cancelled the express Burnhamthorpe bus? I live downtown and am up for a job in MCC. And I have no car. There used to be an express bus down Burnhamthorpe, which to my understanding would have saved my about 12 minutes each way.

Does anyone know why they cancelled the express Burnhamthorpe bus? I live downtown and am up for a job in MCC. And I have no car. There used to be an express bus down Burnhamthorpe, which to my understanding would have saved my about 12 minutes each way.

403 BRT !!!

If you look at the quality of service on Burnhamthorpe today and compare it to 2000, the stuffing has been taken out of it.

The problem with either the 26 or the 86 had low ridership west of Sq One and that still remains the same today. Because of more riders east of Sq One, MT added another route from Sq One not to long ago that was only at peak and is now all day.

I made the recommendation back in 2002 that the 86 only run east of Sq One and the 26's beef up west of Sq One. When the 26's got cancel west of South Common Mall, a small group got the 26 to match the headway of one of the 2 routes that replace the 26A and B. A few riders kill the route for everyone.

When the 86 was change to 206, headway increase and it would be faster to use the 20 than wait for the 206. At the same time, the run time was the same as the 26, meaning you would have to sit at Dixie or crawl along the route to deal with the poor planing. An express should be traveling at road posted speed limit, not the 10-20km below it considering it only had a couple of stops to make from Islington to Sq One.

20 is still the fastest route and I have not ridden the 79 to say what it's service is like. You will find riders hopping back and forth between the bays at Islington to see which bus come first since 3, 26, 79 and 20 all end up at Sq One.

I miss the Burnhamthorpe Express bus. I would always wait for it given the choice. Same with the Dundas bus. The Rathburn bus was always my choice after the express buses, but it doesn't come very often. I was one of those people who used to platform hop at Islington to see whether the 3, 20, 26, or 206 was coming first.

I guess you have to wait for the 109. I think the routes being shifted over to this corridor are partly to justify the busway. The 206, at least east of Square One, should have been kept as a limited stop route to Islington until the 109 was implemented, since the 110 only serves one stop, South Common, that the old 206/86 did. I even doubt any big time savings of running in mixed traffic on Burnhamthorpe versus using the busway alignment via 403/Eastgate/Eglinton. MT might have good intentions, but the execution sucks.

The old 86 was quite useful. The 26, with all the padding, is a pain in the butt.

The 86/206 was rerouted onto the 427 due to protests in Etobicoke, so it was made slower than the 26. Burnhamthorpe is probably not busy enough to have express service anyways.

I guess messing around with the Erin Mills/Churchill Meadows routing yet again is the top priority. The 109 sounds like it should be a useful route at least.

Considering that parts of the subdivison had no service for so long, it probably should be given top priority. Hurontario is not the most overcrowded corridor anyways, Eglinton is, at least in my experience. This is why they had to add the 35, and later (recently) the 35A.

The 5 and 61 seem to have some severe crowding issues as well, as bad the 19, imo.

I think MT would benefit from reducing the number of stops it serves.

And nothing aggravates me more than buses like the 26 stopping at Dixie and just sitting there.

I think MT would benefit from reducing the number of stops it serves.

And nothing aggravates me more than buses like the 26 stopping at Dixie and just sitting there.

Welcome to the slow boat to China;

Simple poor planning and scheduling. #3 has same problem.

There are various number of routes with too much built in time.

If anything keeps people away from public transit, it's the lack of speed. Yet the transit systems don't seem to care too much about speed.

I miss the Burnhamthorpe Express bus. I would always wait for it given the choice. Same with the Dundas bus. The Rathburn bus was always my choice after the express buses, but it doesn't come very often. I was one of those people who used to platform hop at Islington to see whether the 3, 20, 26, or 206 was coming first.

I used to hop back & forth on the platforms too haha. Then the 26 almost ran me over once and stopped doing it.
Now I barely ever take the TTC/MT combo. I just do GO to Union and subway it from there if I have to.

I used to hop back & forth on the platforms too haha. Then the 26 almost ran me over once and stopped doing it.
Now I barely ever take the TTC/MT combo. I just do GO to Union and subway it from there if I have to.

Yeah I rarely take MT to Islington/Kipling anymore. I mostly GO bus it to Union and walk up to Eaton Centre or U of T or Church/Wellesley

"Blue Night" transit service for Mississauga?

When will Mississauga (and other "cities" of the 905) become a "city" with 24 hour or blue night transit service?

Seems odd that Mississauga and Brampton are thinking about getting a rapid transit service, but still does not provide early morning service or 24 hour service on any of their routes. It is still a case of leaving your "ball" at the stroke of "midnight" because your coach will turn into pumpkins, if you don't get your connections in time. Shouldn't 24 hour, "blue night", "owl service", or whatever they want it to be called, be first on the transit agenda before any rapid transit.

When will Mississauga (and other "cities" of the 905) become a "city" with 24 hour or blue night transit service?

Seems odd that Mississauga and Brampton are thinking about getting a rapid transit service, but still does not provide early morning service or 24 hour service on any of their routes. It is still a case of leaving your "ball" at the stroke of "midnight" because your coach will turn into pumpkins, if you don't get your connections in time. Shouldn't 24 hour, "blue night", "owl service", or whatever they want it to be called, be first on the transit agenda before any rapid transit.

I agree. On two routes at least, 19 Hurontario and 1 Dundas.

How is it odd? Both Mississauga and Brampton need rapid transit.

On a weekday the first 1 leaves Islington at 4:35 AM. The last 1 leaves Islington at 2:21 AM.
I've noticed times getting later, and leaving earlier in the morning on the major routes on MT for the past few years. Very soon I think we'll be seeing all night service on some routes. Maybe within the next 2 years.

Back