News   May 21, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 699     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 526     0 

Mississauga Update - Nov 27

Where my parents live the main road through town is called both Goderich Street and Highway 21. Everyone knows both names and uses them interchangably. Why does that kind of thing seem so bizarre to you?

Because it's in a metropolitain setting, and the overwhelming majority use of the number. Even the MTO still says "Traffic moving slow to Hwy. 10" on the COMPASS sign on the QEW. It has never been normal to call streets in major urban areas by the hwy. number (even before 1998) , at least outside the 905 GTA.

I think the AMC theatre on Hurontario is called "Courtneypark 24" instead of a more obvious "Hurontario 24", because AMC realized that calling it "Hwy 10 24'' would sound strange but never thought of the name Hurontario.

This thread is degenerating into "most pointless" on the board at this time.

Let's get back on track....here's a pic of one park tower, taken the other day....

onepark0701.jpg

Is that a (gasp) bike lane on the road?

EDIT: i just realized that there's also a bike PATH next to the road, confusingly...

"i just realized that there's also a bike PATH next to the road, confusingly.."

Nope, thats a temporary sidewalk.

The restaurant is going in the shorter part that faces towards AMICA right or is it a seperate building?

Im not sure about the height, All i know is its 38 stories.

As for the restauraunt... I believe it will be that short segment of the building. I know the plans called for it to open up on the public park, and that open space is what will become the public park, so theres no room for an extra building.

Couple questions...

Have they started working on the actual park yet?

Does anyone have or know where to get actual height figures in Mississauga?

Daniels is the builder... but does anyone know who has been contracted to do the actual construction (e.g. PCL)?

Thanks

The only question I can answer is the one for the public park.

No its not being worked on at the moment, but there is a large sign that says "future community park" on the property.

Re: Port Credit Update

Some Port Credit news/rumours:

The No Fills along lakeshore site is planned to be redeveloped as residential with some commercial uses in the next year or two. Expect something of a similar scale/height/massing to the surrounding developments on the south side of lakeshore (low/mid-rise... high-rise towers are unlikely nor desired). I've heard if all goes smoothly sales could start this summer.

Negotiations have been ongoing with another property. The land between the FRAM project and the Port Credit River with by snug harbour is currently a marina with limited or no public access. The owner of these lands is negotiating with both the public and private sectors to move forward with a multi-use redevelopment that would provide public access to the lake. I would not expect any significant movement in 2007. This will take a while for any concrete proposals to enter the public realm.

Back