News   May 21, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 693     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 523     0 

Mississauga MCC Update - Feb 3/07

The scale might be different, but the taste is equal...

Wow, so Schaumburg, Naperville, and Downers Grove must must be having a condo boom too then, since if the taste is equal, the demand must be the same. Interesting...

This is a Daniels project. I think we can be pretty guaranteed that it WILL sell.

Maybe they ought to call it "Schaumburg", or "Naperville", or "Downers Grove"...

Let's not go and start calling Scarborough names. It only ends up in fights.

The funny thing is, Mississauga's Chicago tower is a much taller and much more urban in design than Toronto's Chicago tower. Perhaps it is Toronto's version that should be called the Naperville, and you have to wonder what that says about Toronto too.

Again, it's not about scale, it's about taste. Y'know, exurbs and edge cities being pigeonholed as repositories of vulgar overdecorated schlock. Chicago scale, Naperville aesthetic, etc...

come now, adma, there is no shortage of "vulgar, overdecorated shlock" in the city of Toronto as well....and what's the difference between the marketing of "Chicago" in Mississauga, with the marketing of "London" on the Esplanade?

..there is at least one architectural firm who must think the Daniels' designs are just fine, certainly the Daniels' Corporation has given them their blessing, and countless buyers have voted 'yes' with their chequebooks.

There is nothing more tedious than a lame internet geek who tries to prove a very dubious superiority, by slamming others.

/Y'know.

>:

Yeah, Toronto got its New York Towers way before Mississauga did, and Toronto's looks a lot worse too. Criticising the Chicago tower for being "overdecorated" doesn't really make sense considering how reserved the design is, especially compared to the other buildings.

Anyone know where "chicago" is in terms of the Daniels site plan?

There was some speculation about the exact location of it on SCC as well (which is a better forum for actual rational discussion about Mississauga development). Judging from the rendering and the overall Daniels site plan, I think it will most likely be located south of Amica, right across the street from the YMCA.

Is anything happening on the site of the Absolute World towers?
Site prep for both or one tower?

I suppose this is "over decorated" as well:

schonbrunn.jpg

It would be so nice if the whole concept of "taste" just disappeared - we got by just fine without it for thousands of years. Anything with Neoclassical or French Chateaux stylings, in particular, is clearly pitched at status-hungry Cheddintonistas - heavily marketed-to victims of "good taste" who salivate at the mere mention of ornate balustrades and crown molding. And, as yyzer points out, plenty of downtowners are trained to want it too - so it knows no geographical boundaries.

Yes, lets all be content with the bottom line. Life would be best.

Anyone know where "chicago" is in terms of the Daniels site plan?

I went to the Daniels sales office today...'Chicago' will be directly north of One Park Tower, with entrance off of Prince of Wales Drive (currently under construction), and siding onto Confederation Parkway...i.e., where that forest of trees is right now..it's at the extreme upper right hand corner of this map...

masterplan.jpg

the sales rep said that this one will probably be in pre-registration only for a while, as Daniels will be concentrating all its efforts (and manpower) on marketing the TIFF condos this spring..

Back