News   Apr 26, 2024
 599     2 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 222     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 705     0 

Miracle on Yonge (Pemberton) - Real Estate -

The tentative move-in date is supposed to be this year in November. When do you think it will be delayed to? I highly doubt they will be able to finish in the next 7 months.

And when do you think we would be able to pick out the finishings? Thanks!

The tentative move-in date is supposed to be this year in November. When do you think it will be delayed to? I highly doubt they will be able to finish in the next 7 months.

And when do you think we would be able to pick out the finishings? Thanks!

When I was at the sales office last summer, they were hoping to start the colour selection process in May or June of 2011. If they're behind on construction then I'd imagine this will get pushed back as well.

That being said, I don't know if they're behind or not. From what I understand (and I'm far from being an expert), the pace of construction usually picks up considerably once they get above grade. These buildings also have a relatively simple floor plate that doesn't really change from one level to the next, so that should help speed things up as well.

November does seem rather optimistic, but the building doesn't have to be 'finished' as such for them to start moving people in. For example, they're not scheduled to begin work on the building amenities until they start occupying building B in mid 2012. So, if they move one person in on the first floor of building A on the last day of November, they could still meet their target :)

Has anyone gone to select their features & finishes yet? I'd be interested to know what the prices are like on the various upgrades, etc.

Has anyone gone to select their features & finishes yet? I'd be interested to know what the prices are like on the various upgrades, etc.

I went to pick out the finishes at the end of November. Including taxes, spent about $8600 upgrading laminate to hardwood in the living area, upgraded padding under carpet in both the bedrooms, upgraded the cabinets, the tiles in the bathroom / foyer / kitchen, and the wall tiles in the bathroom. Luckily, had $4000 bonus credit when I bought the place.

I went to pick out the finishes at the end of November. Including taxes, spent about $8600 upgrading laminate to hardwood in the living area, upgraded padding under carpet in both the bedrooms, upgraded the cabinets, the tiles in the bathroom / foyer / kitchen, and the wall tiles in the bathroom. Luckily, had $4000 bonus credit when I bought the place.

Sadly, I have no such credit, so I'll have to be more frugal :)

I had been wondering about upgrading the cabinets, but I wasn't sure how much of a choice we'd get. Do you remember what options were available?

Thanks for sharing the info, btw!

Oh and btw... I am in Building B. Originally, the move-in date was June/July 2012
I have recently received a letter that the move-in date was moved to end of December 2012

Oh and btw... I am in Building B. Originally, the move-in date was June/July 2012
I have recently received a letter that the move-in date was moved to end of December 2012

I'm in Bldg A. My original move in date was Nov 2010, then Nov 2011 and now finally Sept 2012 which is the confirmed occupancy date.

Same here, although my move-in date was moved to January 2013.

Sadly, I have no such credit, so I'll have to be more frugal :)

I had been wondering about upgrading the cabinets, but I wasn't sure how much of a choice we'd get. Do you remember what options were available?

Thanks for sharing the info, btw!

I just remember two of the standards. One's white, smooth rounded edges. I used this one in the washroom. You can have the design in the panel or completely flat. It's the white board on the left in this picture.

The other standard I remember is the dark brown. Click for larger image of the model kitchen.

The one I upgraded to is the one here at the top with the vertical wood grain in the ash brown. The granite counter is standard. The hardwood on the right and the grey tile on the bottom is an upgrade.

Last edited:
Great, thanks! If I find out anything new when I go, I'll post about it here as well.

Had the appointment today. Upgraded some stuff. Didn't know that I'd have to pay for upgrades on the spot so my credit card took a bit of beating .. lol
I snapped a few pics, going to see if i can upload them all

Had the appointment today. Upgraded some stuff. Didn't know that I'd have to pay for upgrades on the spot so my credit card took a bit of beating .. lol
I snapped a few pics, going to see if i can upload them all

Great pics! Thanks for posting them. Looks like there's a lot of choices available.

What do those little dots on some of the samples mean? Are those standard finishes?

How were the prices on the upgrades, if you don't mind my asking? Some of the upgraded hardwood looks nice, but not if it costs an arm and a leg :)

Back