News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 356     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 916     1 

Metrolinx: Other Items (catch all)

Wasn't sure where to post this. What looked like a mini electric bus operated by Oakville transit last week:

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-05 at 1.53.26 AM.jpeg

Wasn't sure where to post this. What looked like a mini electric bus operated by Oakville transit last week:

View attachment 539931
Oakville Transit bought these electric minibuses from Turkish manufacture Karsan last year. They’re used on on-demand and paratransit. They’ve had a few teething issues, but they seem to be running better now. Range still seems to be an issue in the cold, though.

I saw this in an email from TFL and chuckled.

My understanding is that there is alot of flak being taken by Sadiq Kahn about his recent changes to TFL be it fares, branding etc.

The Central Line in London is having major issues right now and instead of spending money to fix they issue they are freezing fares until 2025 and rebranding the Overground. Questions are being raised about if this is an election move or if it will do good for everyone.

We often talk about Metrolinx' penchant for secrecy here.

This takes the cake:

1709821853988.png

Of course, MMM could have just messaged me for that............. LOL But I'm not an answering service for such inquiries and people shouldn't have to know me for that.

We often talk about Metrolinx' penchant for secrecy here.

This takes the cake:

View attachment 546317

Of course, MMM could have just messaged me for that............. LOL But I'm not an answering service for such inquiries and people shouldn't have to know me for that.
Hard to take this “ooh the public can’t find out what it needs to know” from someone that used to be connected to Google Sidewalk/Quayside on her brief interlude between the Council chamber and the legislative assembly https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/ci...a68da2a4-5a27-5720-9752-ad628f6d0a29.amp.html

I was going to say why this random person is being performative for no reason...AH shes an mpp that lines up
shes a beaches mpp, im putting that $5 on her being against the ontario line

here I just saved her $5

I was going to say why this random person is being performative for no reason...AH shes an mpp that lines up
shes a beaches mpp, im putting that $5 on her being against the ontario line

here I just saved her $5
That's only the upper echelons though.

so she just wants to dox some random public servant? Like shes fishing for something. my $5 is on the Ontario Line looking to dig up dirt.

There is space between those that report directly to Phil, and front-line staff.

The organization chart isn't just names either, its the number of FTEs overseen by each manager. Yes, I'm sure.

I don't know why she wants the info, but let's be clear, the real issue is Mx not providing it. Regardless of her motive, the information is public domain and they should not be behaving as if its theirs to hold back.

As to MMM, I take it from your posts you've never met her. She's a genuinely nice person, and very pragmatic.

Last edited:
so she just wants to dox some random public servant? Like shes fishing for something. my $5 is on the Ontario Line looking to dig up dirt.

You think that the Ontario Line is the most target rich place to find dirt at ML?

ML is a scandal waiting to happen. Or three.

Whatever her personal agenda, anything that draws attention to the egregious secrecy culture at ML is doing the public a service.

- Paul

PS - Head count reviews in public have always been a major focus of regulatory and legislative oversight across the Ontario public service and crown corporations. I wonder why we hear so little about these at ML.

Okay hold up. filing an FOI is $5 which is absolutely standard across the Ontario government
Shes truly being performative here, they even allow you go in person with a $5 bill.
They havent even refused her foi yet. What is she complaining about? That the agency isn't just giving it up immediately?

OK then the problem of the secrecy of Metrolinx doesn't matter here, she and most other people just want a more open government which we don't have as a whole

Im sure shes very nice and a good politician but sometimes politicians do things just to be on a news headline

Im sure shes very nice and a good politician but sometimes politicians do things just to be on a news headline

And if the issue that a politicians is being performative over is one that the public takes seriously, and that is relevant to current matters, the public will respond favourably, and that's what earning votes is meant to be about.

- Paul

Back