News   Apr 25, 2024
 361     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

imo an ambitious schedule. Have they factored in an delays? I estimate that the actual opening is at least Q3/4 2022

imo an ambitious schedule. Have they factored in an delays? I estimate that the actual opening is at least Q3/4 2022
That schedule would have a buffer for delays built in.
In KW, we've seen some parts of the line hit some construction snags (construction on a major railway crossing was delayed for months) but they're still likely to finish on schedule.

Though, I understand having concerns, after what happened with St Clair.

Though, I understand having concerns, after what happened with St Clair.

You don't schedule in time for NIMBY driven court cases or scope creep; that would just encourage it.

The Financial Close date in a P3 is the most important date; that determines whether it'll get finished (at some point) or whether politics can reverse course.

Not even the Conservatives would pay $1B+ to cancel the Finch contract; not after the ruckus the gas plants caused (cancelling after financial close made it really expensive).

Last edited:
Okay, what's going on? Tommorow's joint Metrolinx-TTC meeting has slides on Eglinton and Finch West LRTs, and the station configuration at the end has changed again it seems. Originally, there was stops at Highway 27 and Humber College. Then they scrapped the Highway 27 stop and terminated it on Highway 27 south of Humber College Blvd, in a cutting. The Metrolinx site still reflects this.

1fqiVz5.png

Now the slides say "16 surface stops along Finch Avenue and a below-grade terminus at Humber College"...with this map showing Highway 27 and Humber again.

Finch-West-LRT-Map.jpg

Did someone screw up or has the plan changed again? I'd guess the former considering it still says 16 surface stops.

yup, The humber college station is actually where the highway 27 station is on that map.. the LRT isn't planned to go into Humber College anymore.

This joint meeting is such a meaningless piece of superficial theatre that it hardly matters what the Power Point presentation looks like.

- Paul

More political BS. See what happens tomorrow.

The Highway 27 stop is a few minute walk from the bus terminal. Horrible connection if you ask me. It's easy to extend southwards to the airport but it's so far away from Humber College.

They will probably have to run a shuttle bus around the campus, to improve the connection to LRT terminus.

Or, they might modify the existing bus routes, so that all of them connect to the LRT terminus on their way to or from the bus terminal.

Many of those current parking lots in the north campus of Humber College could be, and will be, developed into buildings and a suburban bus terminal, so people can walk through them. It also will put it closer to the Etobicoke General Hospital on the east side of Highway 27.

Since it's going to be tunneled anyway, could they not slightly veer the alignment underneath the parking lots to directly connect the LRT with the bus terminal?

Slightly? It's way to far to veer it back to Highway 27, let alone have a portal, before the Humber River bridge. And it makes it very difficult to get to the hospital. Moving the bus loop makes more sense. And Humber College will probably just grow towards there.

Best long-term solution.

Back