News   May 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 561     0 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

No, because Bombardier hasn't started manufacturing them. And they can probably send the first 14 to Waterloo Region.

No, because Bombardier hasn't started manufacturing them. And they can probably send the first 14 to Waterloo Region.

They will have to start next year if the KW line is to start running in 2017.

All they are going to do is modify another jig from the current ones for TTC since they will be duel end and door on both sides. Other than that, no big different between KW/TC cars other than paint compare to what TTC is getting other than track gauge.

They will have to start next year if the KW line is to start running in 2017.

All they are going to do is modify another jig from the current ones for TTC since they will be duel end and door on both sides. Other than that, no big different between KW/TC cars other than paint compare to what TTC is getting other than track gauge.

They are a bit wider as well,

They are a bit wider as well,

Bombardier's Freedom light rail vehicle will have an extra-wide 2.65m (8’ 8½”) carbody. Wider than the new Bombardier's Outlook streetcars and wider than the Montréal Metro train cars, but narrower than the Toronto subway cars. See this link.

wait, wouldn't the LRT vehicles be the exact same for Waterloo? doors on both sides, standard gauge, bi-directional, etc?

The addendum to the EA, which includes the MSF at Mt. Dennis, is under a 30 day review starting October 18, 2013. After the review and acceptance, only then can they start work on the MSF and establish a timeframe for delivery.

Well, maybe we should not have ordered them with such a short delivery date and penalties of +/- 10% for not getting to that date ;)

It is just a bit of a headshaker, to me, that we are already paying penalties when none of the facilities/lines we wanted them for were planned to be in service yet. I have heard some, already, blaming this on the change from LRT to subway in Scarborough....but even that was not supposed to be in service at this point.

We are still years away from needing these vehicles but, yet, we are bound by a contract that already sees us paying penalties? Makes no sense.

It is just a bit of a headshaker, to me, that we are already paying penalties when none of the facilities/lines we wanted them for were planned to be in service yet. I have heard some, already, blaming this on the change from LRT to subway in Scarborough....but even that was not supposed to be in service at this point.

We are still years away from needing these vehicles but, yet, we are bound by a contract that already sees us paying penalties? Makes no sense.

Maybe, but i wish for future transit contracts the penalties would be something like 50% of the entire contract. That way whatever is decided on will get built and not cancelled... low cancel fees make everything up for debate.

The Sheppard Maintenance facility was supposed to be finished by around now, and parts of the line could have been ready for vehicle testing, the delays were caused by Ford after the vehicles had been ordered,

If I were Bombardier, I would just not do any work on the order and continue to collect delay penalties until Hudak inevitability cancels the whole thing.

The Sheppard Maintenance facility was supposed to be finished by around now, and parts of the line could have been ready for vehicle testing, the delays were caused by Ford after the vehicles had been ordered,

If I were Bombardier, I would just not do any work on the order and continue to collect delay penalties until Hudak inevitability cancels the whole thing.

Well, from what i heard on the radio this morning, Bombardier are not doing any work on this order. Apparantly, the contract is such that they don't start getting built until the province/ML calls for that but the delay in that happening is, in itself, punishable by penalty.

Back