M5V Life Condos (TAS DesignBuild, Lifetime Developments) - Real Estate -

I emailed lifetime regarding the internet/cable issue and this was their response:

"I just wanted to get back to you and let you know that we are looking into this for you.

This is the first that we have heard about this so I will get back to you as soon as I hear from them."

Once I hear back, I will post the info here :)

I'll do the same (email). In the meantime, anyone have any experience with One Zone wifi service? Might be a temporary, stopgap solution.

I'll do the same (email). In the meantime, anyone have any experience with One Zone wifi service? Might be a temporary, stopgap solution.

Depending on when Starbucks opens, maybe all the residents can just hang out downstairs and use their free wifi.

As for cable, I'm going to try out an HD antennae. My brother-in-law had it and he was able to pick up the main channels (NBC, CBC, etc) no problem. Since the CN tower is right there, hopefully reception wouldn't be a problem.

As for cable, I'm going to try out an HD antennae. My brother-in-law had it and he was able to pick up the main channels (NBC, CBC, etc) no problem. Since the CN tower is right there, hopefully reception wouldn't be a problem.

My brother uses an HD antennae (lives in Oakville) and claims he gets around 8 pristine HD channels. I would imagine you would get even more downtown.

Huge hassle to be without internet for a month, but it sounds pretty typical of new construction. How was your PDI Lazarus?
Was everything else as you expected?

PDI went well overall. The place felt a bit smaller in reality than the way it looked on the floor plan. I was disappointed that the terrace off our living room was raised up so high that they had to build a dinky step to access it. It kind of ruins the flow of the room. There was a cracked slate bathroom tile, a few marks in the drywall, poorly applied caulking in bathroom, and light bulbs blown in the kitchen that will hopefully all be fixed up before i move in 11 days. Im excited. I do hope ROGERS is able to get internet going right away and not delay it until august. No internet make sit super difficult to run my business. I will have to rely on using 'personal hotspot' with my iphone for internet.

Bisha

Has anyone here raised concerns over Bisha and it's extremely close proximity to M5V's south east corner? When is construction expected?

Real high-speed Internet...

An M17 owner here on the 24th floor.

First off, pictures are great to see, has me getting excited about my space and the PDI in September.

Second, does anyone know far along they are in the registration process or when it is expected to be complete?

On the topic of Internet I actually met with the IT manager of tas when they were still managing the project (boy how times have changed). I brought up Beanfield as an option which supposedly lead to a meeting of the two (tas and Beanfield). Rumor has it that there was some bravado in the room on the side of the builder that lead to both parties walking away from the table, a shame for us owners.

Now that Lifetime is in the drivers seat would anyone be interested in making a second inquiry to see what can be done?

Beanfield's current offering:

- Fiber to the home (don't know if we'd get it to the suite given the progress, but copper should be in place already)
- 100Mbit/second symmetric (up+down) Internet with no caps for $60/month
- IPTV (no idea on what programming is offered) for $30/month
- VoIP Phones starting at $15/month

http://www.beanfieldcondoconnect.com/services.html

When I purchased there was always discussion about being leading edge with regards to connectivity. Given the proximity to the downtown core and being on King Street there is no reason this couldn't have happened. Actually, Beanfield's business site lists 370 King St W as on-net, the Hyatt! Given the situation mentioned above as well as the dynamics of the market, sales of larger units, etc...I can see that this quickly got left aside and the status quo was put in place, Rogers and Bell. :(

Btw what ever happened to tas? Their www.tasdesignbuild.ca website hasn't had any new news since 2009...:rolleyes:

Any comments?

Last edited:
Last I spoke with Brandon (Lifetime Supervisor), the timeline to complete registration was Dec/Jan.

The issue that people were experiencing with Rogers (not being able to find M5V as an internet-ready condo) has apparently been resolved. The good news is that people can get the vanilla service were all used to, but the bad news is that we probably won't get the vanilla beanfield offer. It doesn't hurt to try though.

On another note - has anyone else noticed that the parking spots feel a few inches to narrow? I had to shuffle in between my car and my neighbour's car sideways yesterday - and both of us were pretty close to the middle of the spot.

I'm also getting a lot of grief from Brookfield about getting a second garage door opener. I've got someone who'll be renting out my parking spot Mon-Fri during business hours, so I'll still have access to it during the evenings and weekends. The current policy right now is to only have one opener per spot. I'm hoping I can raise enough awareness, so that this policy can be changed to be more flexible - so bring it up on your PDIs if you can!

@Lazurus - how did your move go yesterday? I've met the people in two of the other units on the 7th floor and would love to get to know all my immediate neighbours.

@Lazarus - how did your move go yesterday? I've met the people in two of the other units on the 7th floor and would love to get to know all my immediate neighbours.

We had the same idea about renting the spot to somebody who works downtown so we could use the spot on evenings/weekends for friends and family. They said we can NOT rent the spots to non-residents. I think this is an issue that needs to be discussed further with M5V, as I own the spot and see no reason why i cant rent to outsiders. If not, I know there is already a demand for spots from residents.

The move-in was a bit of nightmare, but all of our stuff is now in the M5V unit. We have been unpacking for the last 2 days. Still dozens of boxes. Our Kitchen cupboard space is so much smaller than our previous rental that we literally have no space for 50% of our kitchen things. Found a few things that need to be fixed/corrected that we missed in the PDI (inc. front door threshold missing & bad balcony caulking).

Come say hi as we are in suite 707. Would love to meet you and see your suite.

Has anyone here raised concerns over Bisha and it's extremely close proximity to M5V's south east corner? When is construction expected?

Bisha will start construction next year is what I was told. You should go to the model suite and ask the staff. The proximity to M5V is within reason even though it sucks for us. If you live in Toronto don't expect a view. Just as M5V blocked the view from Soho. Check out the building Charlie (King West & Charlotte) and see how incredibly close it is to Glas & The Morgan. It is crazy, but population density rules. Look at Manhattan for an example of what the downtown core will one day look like.

Bisha will start construction next year is what I was told. You should go to the model suite and ask the staff. The proximity to M5V is within reason even though it sucks for us. If you live in Toronto don't expect a view. Just as M5V blocked the view from Soho. Check out the building Charlie (King West & Charlotte) and see how incredibly close it is to Glas & The Morgan. It is crazy, but population density rules. Look at Manhattan for an example of what the downtown core will one day look like.

I don't deny density, but it really sucks that the south east corner is going to be so close to Bisha that all privacy will be lost. Even if you were alright with losing that privacy, the construction is going to be a massive headache and creator of noise pollution for 3 years! Definitely not thrilled, but I guess there's nothing that can be done for those of us who have units on the south east corner. I'm far less excited about my new home now :(

Back