M5V Life Condos (TAS DesignBuild, Lifetime Developments) - Real Estate -

I don't deny density, but it really sucks that the south east corner is going to be so close to Bisha that all privacy will be lost. Even if you were alright with losing that privacy, the construction is going to be a massive headache and creator of noise pollution for 3 years! Definitely not thrilled, but I guess there's nothing that can be done for those of us who have units on the south east corner. I'm far less excited about my new home now :(

It totally sucks but it would be egocentric to think that M5V didn't make the life miserable for SOHO residents the last 3.5 years. Bisha will make out lives miserable and destroy our view. Then Bisha will have some of their North view destroyed and our East view by the future condo going up on the corner of King & blue Jays Way. So is life in downtown. Progress can not be stopped even if it upsets the current residents. I'm going to lose my view completely.
As far as privacy goes, you better buy some thick curtains. I hear Bisha residents will all be perverts. Read it online so it must be true. ;)

I like your sense of humor about it lazarus, and your honest approach to downtown living is great. However, I should have been smarter when buying my large south east corner condo, erring on the side of more protection. 40 meters or more of separation is completely acceptable and you often get that if you buy a high floor and there is a street separating you, or there are mid-rise or <20 story high-rise buildings adjacent to you. Anyway, you live and learn. My next purchase will be more calculated as I care about both privacy and view (within downtown reason).

My next purchase will be more calculated as I care about both privacy and view (within downtown reason).

Question: do you think losing your view will affect the selling price of your condo? I'd be curious to hear opinions on this, especially from real estate agents.

Question: do you think losing your view will affect the selling price of your condo? I'd be curious to hear opinions on this, especially from real estate agents.

i believe it all depends on market conditions and how dense d/t TO becomes.

Is AC working?

We have two units that we just took occupancy of a couple weeks ago and thought we'd stay overnight last Thursday. When we got there it was 90 degrees in both units, so I turned down the thermostat and went out for dinner and a movie. When we got back at 11pm it was still 90 degrees in both units and the security guard said he had complaints from a few other owners.

Luckily we live just north of Toronto so we went home, but were dissapointed we weren't able to try out city life.

I called the "7 day a week, 24 hours a day" property management office over an hour ago to see if the units had AC yet, but haven't heard back.

I hope the property managers aren't turning off the AC to units they think aren't being occupied. I work downtown and bought the unit for weekends and to stay overnight occasionally. My 80 year old father is using the other unit the same way so I hope the AC can stay on.

Winghead

More PDIs

Hi folks,

Has anyone had anymore PDI pictures they can share? Also, I was thinking how usable my balcony will be with the wind. Does anyone have any experience with a West facing balcony in terms of wind and its usability?

Thanks

AC's working at my unit (7th floor), although it's on auto and I haven't exactly taken the time to figured out how to operate the thermostat.

Regarding the SE views: I'm rather disappointed with how close Bisha is - especially since my view of the CN Tower will be completely obstructed. I'm not going to bother protesting it, because we have to accept the good and bad with condo living in downtown Toronto. It didn't look like they set a date for it, and I'm hoping the "economic slump" slows their sales to the point they might need to cancel the project. One can hope.

Can anyone confirm whether the natural gas at their place is turned on? We tried cooking on the stove for the first time this weekend and I can hear and see the pilot light working, but no flame or gas smell.

I'm wondering if there is a valve I need to have on or something?

Just had my PDI yesterday - went pretty well but there were some issues with the floor being uneven due the concrete not settling correctly which will be fixed. Also, we noticed that the bathroom glass wasn't frosted. I know I was specifically asked whether I wanted frosted or clear glass at the upgrades meeting, but it wasn't documented so the builders are saying we are out of luck. They even said that no one in the building has frosted glass - I find that hard to believe. Did anyone end up getting frosted glass?

Unfortunately not! I went straight from work and forgot my camera. Something I'm kicking myself for especially since we had the issue with the uneven floor. Would have been nice to document it with pictures for my records, despite being told it'll be fixed by the builder.

Well my PDI is not till Aug 12th.....so will remember to take a camera.....what floorplan did you purchase?

There's a notice on the elevators, advising that a FaceBook group called M5V Life Condos has been created. I think Mark from the 8th floor started the group and I think the intention was to create a forum where residents can get to know each other. Kind of what this is, but on Facebook.

Back