News   May 10, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.5K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

What is this noise that comes from outside , it's like a humming or buzzing sound ? More noticeable at nighttime and it is irritating enough so that the window can't be kept open. Is it still from the subway tunnel digging , when will this tunnel be ready by, or is it from some other source ?

Hi PeterM1 if you are facing west from M1 you might be hearing the new planes being tested at Bombardier. You shouldn't be hearing any subway construction noise since most of the work is done during the day and most of the tunnenling is finished from Downsview up to York. Now they are filling in the pit across from M4 with what I can see with the box structure formed for the tunnel heading north with what might be an access shaft for heavy equipment and such. And the emergency exit at Kodaik should be almost finished too.The only other noise might be coming from Sheppard West/Downsview Park station site?

Hi PeterM1 if you are facing west from M1 you might be hearing the new planes being tested at Bombardier. You shouldn't be hearing any subway construction noise since most of the work is done during the day and most of the tunnenling is finished from Downsview up to York. Now they are filling in the pit across from M4 with what I can see with the box structure formed for the tunnel heading north with what might be an access shaft for heavy equipment and such. And the emergency exit at Kodaik should be almost finished too.The only other noise might be coming from Sheppard West/Downsview Park station site?

Why do they test the new planes at nighttime instead of during the day ? I don't think the noise is loud enough to be from a plane, perhaps a subway humming. Do these subways run all night ?

Why do they test the new planes at nighttime instead of during the day ? I don't think the noise is loud enough to be from a plane, perhaps a subway humming. Do these subways run all night ?

Subways usually stops at 1:30am....
I think the noise is some generator......when we had the blackouts you can clearly hear the humming sound.

Anyone know if we can add a chain lock to our doors?

Yes you can, but better still would be to install an interior dead bolt lock like I did when I moved in . Your not allowed to change the lock to keep them from entering the apartment when you are not at home but you can at least prevent them from entering your apartment when you are at home .

Yes you can, but better still would be to install an interior dead bolt lock like I did when I moved in . Your not allowed to change the lock to keep them from entering the apartment when you are not at home but you can at least prevent them from entering your apartment when you are at home .

Awesome, thanks for sharing Peter!

Security at Metro Place

Last week a flyer was put in every door here at Metro Place M1 and M2. The Board wanted us to be aware of the fact that they hired a company to assess and give recommendation on how to improve security here. My question is why did they go to an outside firm instead of asking Condor with whom we have a contract with ?

Last week a flyer was put in every door here at Metro Place M1 and M2. The Board wanted us to be aware of the fact that they hired a company to assess and give recommendation on how to improve security here. My question is why did they go to an outside firm instead of asking Condor with whom we have a contract with ?

Beats me...

Hey peter, would you mind showing me a pic of what the deadbolt looks like? I just purchased one from walmart but not sure how to install as our doors have the metal frame on the outside.

Hey peter, would you mind showing me a pic of what the deadbolt looks like? I just purchased one from walmart but not sure how to install as our doors have the metal frame on the outside.

This isn't a regular deadbolt because it is only one sided on the inside. Nothing is allowed to show on the outside ( exterior ) because that belongs to the building. The lock goes on the inside of the door and it only extends half way through the door and the bolt goes into the frame like the original one on the door. It was installed by a professional locksmith who knew what is and is not allowed in a condominium.

Back