News   Jun 03, 2024
 301     3 
News   Jun 03, 2024
 860     0 
News   Jun 03, 2024
 561     1 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

They did have quorum . The other thing to come out of the meeting was that the 2 candidates running for the two positions on the board were unanimously appointed since no one ran against them .
Then at the end of the meeting, during question period, one resident inquired about installing a gas line to their balcony for barbequing . The board wasn't too enthusiastic about that and said that it needs further thought concerning this matter.

...which should be interesting since BBQs aren't allowed, and I've heard need a very large majority to overturn.

...which should be interesting since BBQs aren't allowed, and I've heard need a very large majority to overturn.

BBQing in the balcony will not pass. Last year the person below me decided to BBQ and let me tell you it was not nice. all my doors and windows were closed yet the small of the BBQ still went in my unit. It was not a great day.

BBQing in the balcony will not pass. Last year the person below me decided to BBQ and let me tell you it was not nice. all my doors and windows were closed yet the small of the BBQ still went in my unit. It was not a great day.

We have to speak up and let the elected board know how we feel about this issue other wise the Board could end up passing it . The expression " the squeaky wheel gets all the attention " applies here as well .

We have to speak up and let the elected board know how we feel about this issue other wise the Board could end up passing it . The expression " the squeaky wheel gets all the attention " applies here as well .

Really not worth wasting the effort (even if I'm pro-BBQ). You need around 80% to change the rule. It'd be a cold day in hell before you could get 80% of the people in these buildings to agree on something.

Really not worth wasting the effort (even if I'm pro-BBQ). You need around 80% to change the rule. It'd be a cold day in hell before you could get 80% of the people in these buildings to agree on something.

That's true because half the units are being rented and then from the other half only about a dozen or so people show up at meetings . Then there are those that don't abide by rules anyways and just do whatever it is they want to do. A good example is the no stopping signs that are posted now on the street and cars ignore it and park there anyways if they need to.

That's true because half the units are being rented and then from the other half only about a dozen or so people show up at meetings . Then there are those that don't abide by rules anyways and just do whatever it is they want to do. A good example is the no stopping signs that are posted now on the street and cars ignore it and park there anyways if they need to.

3/4 of the units in M1 are rented out, something like only 150 are owner-occupied out of 500 or so units

Noise from outside

What is this noise that comes from outside , it's like a humming or buzzing sound ? More noticeable at nighttime and it is irritating enough so that the window can't be kept open. Is it still from the subway tunnel digging , when will this tunnel be ready by, or is it from some other source ?

Last edited:

Back