News   May 10, 2024
 786     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 949     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 955     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

yeah exactly, not really in the budget anytime soon for me either.

I am also in M2, if there is interest in a group to get together and ride I would be interested.

WTF is going on along Sheppard? their putting in ugly power lines through Sheppard.. residences between floors 4-7 will get a nice power line to look at very soon..

Perhaps this is to provide excess power to the new Sheppard Ave West subway station?

WTF is going on along Sheppard? their putting in ugly power lines through Sheppard.. residences between floors 4-7 will get a nice power line to look at very soon..

Perhaps this is to provide excess power to the new Sheppard Ave West subway station?

that's what I suspected, running power to the new construction site

Response from TTC:

The new wooden poles on Sheppard Avenue West
were installed by Toronto Hydro and they are not a part of the subway
project. The electrical component for the TYSSE project will be run
underground.

Looks like it'll be permanent.. there goes the value of south facing units on floors 4-8 in M1/M2

Are we allowed to insulate our doors? Don't like the hallway noise.

i'm working on that.. I purchased from Dollerama a weather stripping kit for $1 that fits perfectly around the frame of the door. It definitely mutes noises from what I can tell but I can't fully confirm since I ran out and am missing the stripping at the bottom part of the door.

The negatives is that it makes it harder to lock the dorm and the door doesn't slam fully anymore

Last edited:
Does anyone need a parking spot? I have one on P2. It's in between M2 and M3, so good spot for both buildings.

$80 a month until December 31, 2013. Comes with the remote garage fob, which also opens all doors.

Are we allowed to smoke on our balconies?
I have a neighbour and we share a balcony and he smokes a lot of weed on the balcony. I couldnt really care less but its coming to the point where I don't even open my windows or balcony door anymore cause the smell fills my place. Last week my windows and balcony door was closed and I guess because of the way the wind was blowing I could still smell it in my living room when he was smoking on the balcony. He is an older gentleman so I am not sure what I should do, but summer is coming and I would like to open the windows sometimes without smelling weed.

Talk to management. They will notify your neighbor.
I have a neighbour and we share a balcony and he smokes a lot of weed on the balcony. I couldnt really care less but its coming to the point where I don't even open my windows or balcony door anymore cause the smell fills my place. Last week my windows and balcony door was closed and I guess because of the way the wind was blowing I could still smell it in my living room when he was smoking on the balcony. He is an older gentleman so I am not sure what I should do, but summer is coming and I would like to open the windows sometimes without smelling weed.

I have the same issue, but I don't think we or management can do anything about it (but still talk to building management anyway).

http://www.toronto.ca/health/smokefree/protection/faq_ontarioact.htm#002

Smoke-Free Ontario Act (see above site) prohibits smoking in common areas of a condo, unfortunately uncovered rooftop patios or balconies do not qualify.

"Examples of common areas include: elevators, stairwells, hallways, parking garages, laundry facilities, lobbies, exercise areas and party or entertainment rooms."

Back