News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.1K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.2K     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

while we are on the subject of problems, i thought i'd mentioned one that i'm having. someone on my floor is frequently smoking marijuana and the smell is wafting into my unit through the door, as it is quite drafty.

now i don't really care that someone is smoking weed, but i find it very irritating that it the smell is able to penetrate my unit so easily. has anyone modified their front door with weather stripping or similar to better insulate their units from smells/sounds from the hallway? are we even allowed to do that? i guess i am rather disappointed with the crappy quality of the front door of units.

i suppose another approach would be to work with the board or management to issue warnings to them? has anyone had to take similar measures? although I have a pretty good idea which neighbor is doing this, i have no proof, and i have no interest in engaging with them directly, as they seem sketchy.

i appreciate any thoughts.

That's horrible, if people want to smoke marijuana I don't really care, but I don't want to smell it, and I definitely don't want any smoke coming into my unit. I wish they would ban people from smoking weed/cigarettes indoors in our buildings. If they want to do it, do it outside.

No joke, do you live in the 3rd floor of M1?? we can smell it on the hallway but it doesn't come in to our unit.
You are not allowed to tamper with the door as they want it this way for air circulation.

I think that you are right about the door because I also inquired and was told that we aren't allowed to put weather stripping around the front door . Also did anyone else notice that in a previous letter from the building they mentioned " illegal activity in the building and that it had to stop immediately " ? Maybe this is what they were referring to ? Anyone wanting weatherstripping around their front door should ask anyways in case the rules have changed since then.

I just got my letter a few days ago, you should be getting one too because in the letter it stated my confirmed occupancy date.

I'll be in M3 too and the tentative occupancy date is Mar 2012 (it was a letter from last yr). I guess I should be getting a letter with a new date soon. :)

while we are on the subject of problems, i thought i'd mentioned one that i'm having. someone on my floor is frequently smoking marijuana and the smell is wafting into my unit through the door, as it is quite drafty.

now i don't really care that someone is smoking weed, but i find it very irritating that it the smell is able to penetrate my unit so easily. has anyone modified their front door with weather stripping or similar to better insulate their units from smells/sounds from the hallway? are we even allowed to do that? i guess i am rather disappointed with the crappy quality of the front door of units.

i suppose another approach would be to work with the board or management to issue warnings to them? has anyone had to take similar measures? although I have a pretty good idea which neighbor is doing this, i have no proof, and i have no interest in engaging with them directly, as they seem sketchy.

i appreciate any thoughts.

If I were you, I'll report this to management and request their immediate action to the issue (health risk... as marijuana smell travel into the unit). If they ignore or said can't do anything about it, then take them over to the police (concern about ilegal activities...) non-emergency 416-808-2222 (I used this number before and they're very helpful).

With regards to smoking in the common areas (ie, parking lot, stairways, etc), this should not be allowed. The building management should be taking further action to address the tenants concern. Here is the FAQ from City of Toronto about the "Smoke-Free Ontario Act": http://www.toronto.ca/health/smokefree/protection/faq_ontarioact.htm#002

Perhaps the board should take steps on adopting no-smoking policies in condominium corporations:
http://www.smokefreehousingon.ca/sfho/condominiums-taking-action.html

I'll be in M3 too and the tentative occupancy date is Mar 2012 (it was a letter from last yr). I guess I should be getting a letter with a new date soon. :)

I'm in M3, 4th floor and I received my confirmed occupancy date 2 weeks ago. The tentative date was Jan 27/12 and the confirmed date is Feb 2/12.

Got an email on Thurs too. Tentative Occupancy Date moved from April 30th, 2012 to July 4th, 2012. (M4 12th floor). I expected delays too. Date seems reasonable according to floor based on this thread.

Also made a design appointment today for June 7th. (I called them, they didnt call me). Got a letter in Dec how they would call in March and they never did.

Wondering what kind of upgrades did people pick?

Also checked about the lockers. There is a long waiting list.

Prices are approx $4000 for 15 square feet to $8000 for 35 square feet. Not sure its even worth it :confused:

I'm lucky to have a corner unit on my end of the hallway. The other end of the hallway constantly smells of cigarettes. It's unbearable and I only ever go over there to throw out the garbage!
I have some nice neighbours, but I find that a lot of people don't say very much even if they do see you! In fact the lady across the hall from me saw me in the elevator in the underground parking and asked me what floor I was going to (???) Maybe this meet and greet will give everyone a chance to have a proper conversation with neighbours. It would be nice to meet some decent people and have more positive things to say, rather than just complaints.
Also - Police don't care about marijuana smell. Unless your neighbour is growing it... they wont even come. Be nice and take it outside... Who wants their place to smell like that anyway???
I work in property management... so I hear a lot of complaints about tenants from other tenants and from the property managers.
It's about respect... some people just don't have it in them.

For everyone in M3, if you haven't received your confirmed occupancy date, you should be receiving a letter shortly. I got it already, and it seems like lopaw63 got it too. The building is about 6 months away from completion.

I'll be going to the design studio next week to pick my finishes and upgrades. How long does it usually take? Is the selection overwhelming? Are some of the standard finishes so bad that you're almost forced to do upgrades? If anyone can give me some feedback that would be great.

For everyone in M3, if you haven't received your confirmed occupancy date, you should be receiving a letter shortly. I got it already, and it seems like lopaw63 got it too. The building is about 6 months away from completion.

I'll be going to the design studio next week to pick my finishes and upgrades. How long does it usually take? Is the selection overwhelming? Are some of the standard finishes so bad that you're almost forced to do upgrades? If anyone can give me some feedback that would be great.

I did mine in mid March and the appointment took me about 1.5hrs (time well spent). In my opinion, there are quite a bit to choose from the standard finishes. I came up with my own budget (ie, max that I'm willing to spend per room) before visiting the design studio. Brent at the design studio is very helpful, he wrote down every upgrades on a wishlist with price and let us decide at the end whether we want to move forward with the upgrades or drop one or two. I did some upgrades and mostly are in the kitchen (ie, backsplash, floor tile, kitchen cabinet). The payment of the upgrades has split into two, first half is due at the design studio (personal cheque) and the 2nd half is due at the interim occupancy. Hope this help. :)

Got an email on Thurs too. Tentative Occupancy Date moved from April 30th, 2012 to July 4th, 2012. (M4 12th floor). I expected delays too. Date seems reasonable according to floor based on this thread.

Also made a design appointment today for June 7th. (I called them, they didnt call me). Got a letter in Dec how they would call in March and they never did.

Wondering what kind of upgrades did people pick?

Also checked about the lockers. There is a long waiting list.

Prices are approx $4000 for 15 square feet to $8000 for 35 square feet. Not sure its even worth it :confused:

Wow those prices seem a bit unreasonable $4K for a 3x5 locker and there's a waiting list I guess I won't bother then :(. I just saw a nice 70" tv @ best buy for 4k might get that instead ;)
Hey mablee what number did you call to setup your appointment?

Wow those prices seem a bit unreasonable $4K for a 3x5 locker and there's a waiting list I guess I won't bother then :(. I just saw a nice 70" tv @ best buy for 4k might get that instead ;)

3.5k if paid cash upfront for 3x5 locker.

Hey mablee what number did you call to setup your appointment?[/QUOTE]

Address
Liberty Design Studio
Liberty Square, West Tower
3601 Hwy 7 E, Suite 201
Markham, ON, L3R 0M3

(905) 477-5685 or
(905) 477-3518
info@libertydesignstudio.ca
libertydesignstudio.ca

I agree the prices are steep, but if you're like me and just absolutely NEED storage space, it's worth every penny! It's actually pretty amazing how much fits in these things, I have a 3X5 and while I can always use more space, it's not bad at all.

Thanks for all the info about the design studio, I'm excited for my appointment.

I didn't get a locker because I have a very large unit, but I can see how 15sq feet of extra space can be beneficial for anyone.

I've read in this thread that the maintenance fees have already gone up for those in M1+M2, how high do you think they'll get? If it doubles and goes from 43 cents/sq ft to 86 cents/sq ft, it would become unaffordable for a lot of people. For those in the larger units, paying over 10k per year in maintenace fees is a bit steep, is there any way to control it by having good management, or will it skyrocket regardless?

Who said our maintenance fees went up?

And they aren't going to go to 86 cents tomorrow or in a few years unless the money is poorly managed.

Thanks for all the info about the design studio, I'm excited for my appointment.

I didn't get a locker because I have a very large unit, but I can see how 15sq feet of extra space can be beneficial for anyone.

I've read in this thread that the maintenance fees have already gone up for those in M1+M2, how high do you think they'll get? If it doubles and goes from 43 cents/sq ft to 86 cents/sq ft, it would become unaffordable for a lot of people. For those in the larger units, paying over 10k per year in maintenace fees is a bit steep, is there any way to control it by having good management, or will it skyrocket regardless?

Back