News   Jun 05, 2024
 421     1 
News   Jun 05, 2024
 396     0 
News   Jun 05, 2024
 707     1 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Hello all

Been following this forum for awhile now and would like to thank you all for your postings about your experiences buying, waiting, moving, living, etc. I'm moving into m4
( 4th floor ) and also got the Letter Thursday about the tentative occupancy due date being moved from Apr 30/12 to for me May 22/12. This is not a big deal for me and expected a delay(s) anyways. I'll just might end up saving a bit more money before the move I hope.

The design centre was an experience too. They still havn't got back to me with the colour pallet thing yet a week and a 1/2 later. And no word on the lockers yet ethier.

Yaz16 I'm an electrican in transportation industry and this my first owned home. You?

As for them smokers I wonder if they would like it if I tossed my beer caps onto there balconies.....just a thought.

Hey m4pete
So you already had your design center appointment?. Did you get a letter or do you just call and make a appointment.
I didn't think M4 had started yet ,anybody know how it works? by floor? by date purchased?

Yaz16 I'm in the IT field and also a first timer
I'm disapointed about the smoking thing too hope it all get sorted b4 we move in ;)
I understand the no BBQ thing but wil miss my bbq I love a nice bbqd steak

Seriously you can't beat a bbq steak on a summer day with some cold beers. Its too bad metro place does not have an area to do bbq

Good to hear from other 1st time buyers on this thread.

I'll be in M3 floor 3. Tentative date got moved to Jan 2012 sometime in Nov last yr....hmmm...when did you get your letter?

I just got my letter a few days ago, you should be getting one too because in the letter it stated my confirmed occupancy date.

Seriously you can't beat a bbq steak on a summer day with some cold beers. Its too bad metro place does not have an area to do bbq

Good to hear from other 1st time buyers on this thread.

Just get a cast Iron pan with the ripples and your teak will taste just like BBQ'd trust me I do it all the time and its done indoors.
I love BBQing but after experiencing the smells for myself I will never make my neighbours suffer through that. the sacrifice of getting a condo. Good thing I don't plan on making condo life a permanent thing.

Good thing I don't plan on making condo life a permanent thing.

Living in a house will be even worse ,trust me . My neighbor kept an iron fixture in his backyard and he used to burn wood in it . I don't know what purpose it served because he wasn't cooking food with it and it was hot outside so he didn't need to burn it for heat. Anyways when he was burning his wood in it our whole house filled up with toxic smoke if the window was open. When we mentioned this to him his response was that we may not like the smell but he likes it . Out of curiosity I asked the City about this and they informed me that it was illegal and that I should call 911 the next time it happens . Yeah right ,I'm sure it would have been very pleasant calling the fire department on the neighbor .

hey! about the deep fryer on the balcony, if it smells that bad inside please don't do it on the balcony. Respect your neighbours. If you do start to deep fry on the balcony and you notice a smell please don't do it again as it will be coming into one of our units and we may not like your choice of food or frying oil. If we can all be considerate in our new neighbourhood it will be great. That goes for smoking, bbq'ing, spitting, loud music and garbage.

hey! about the deep fryer on the balcony, if it smells that bad inside please don't do it on the balcony. Respect your neighbours. If you do start to deep fry on the balcony and you notice a smell please don't do it again as it will be coming into one of our units and we may not like your choice of food or frying oil. If we can all be considerate in our new neighbourhood it will be great. That goes for smoking, bbq'ing, spitting, loud music and garbage.

No worries, I live alone anyways and rarely cook, let alone be frying all the time! Was just asking the question for future reference if I decide to do so. And I do agree with you, let's all respect our neighbors :)

Respecting your neighbours is key. My neighbours will be lucky because I won't be smoking, bbq'ing on my balcony, listening to really loud music, having crazy parties until 4 in the morning etc., I just hope my neighbours extend the same common courtesy to me.

This will be my first time living in a condo, I'm hoping for a positive experience!

My former neighbor where I used to live repaid the respect I showed him with rudeness . I even told him this to his face .

That's unfortunate, I believe in treating your neighbours with respect. I'll invite my neighbours in for drinks and they'll be more than welcome to come in to watch a big game with me and my friends if they like sports as much as me. If they're private and want to keep to themselves that's ok too, but either way respect and friendliness should be shown between neighbours.

What is the electrical outlet on the balcony for ?

so you can plug in devices that require electricity to function. for example: an ipod dock, for music. or an electric lantern, for light.

it beats having to a. set up a live band or b. light a fire.

p.s. i spit on the parking garage floor, and you'd never know.

My former neighbor where I used to live repaid the respect I showed him with rudeness . I even told him this to his face .

Dam Peter, seems that you have had tons of bad luck when it comes to real estate.
try to be possitive and make the best of life. Don't let the past dictate your future.

This is my first purchase and sure there have been ups and down but you make the best of it. there is no point on holding grudges and getting mad over the small things. so far my neighbours in petroplace have been good. I mean there are some on the floor that wont even look at you when walking on the hallway but what can you do. thats just who they are.

while we are on the subject of problems, i thought i'd mentioned one that i'm having. someone on my floor is frequently smoking marijuana and the smell is wafting into my unit through the door, as it is quite drafty.

now i don't really care that someone is smoking weed, but i find it very irritating that it the smell is able to penetrate my unit so easily. has anyone modified their front door with weather stripping or similar to better insulate their units from smells/sounds from the hallway? are we even allowed to do that? i guess i am rather disappointed with the crappy quality of the front door of units.

i suppose another approach would be to work with the board or management to issue warnings to them? has anyone had to take similar measures? although I have a pretty good idea which neighbor is doing this, i have no proof, and i have no interest in engaging with them directly, as they seem sketchy.

i appreciate any thoughts.

Soccer at Downsview Park

I would like to join a female soccer team at Downsview Park. Do any females in metro place belong to a team there?

while we are on the subject of problems, i thought i'd mentioned one that i'm having. someone on my floor is frequently smoking marijuana and the smell is wafting into my unit through the door, as it is quite drafty.

now i don't really care that someone is smoking weed, but i find it very irritating that it the smell is able to penetrate my unit so easily. has anyone modified their front door with weather stripping or similar to better insulate their units from smells/sounds from the hallway? are we even allowed to do that? i guess i am rather disappointed with the crappy quality of the front door of units.

i suppose another approach would be to work with the board or management to issue warnings to them? has anyone had to take similar measures? although I have a pretty good idea which neighbor is doing this, i have no proof, and i have no interest in engaging with them directly, as they seem sketchy.

i appreciate any thoughts.

No joke, do you live in the 3rd floor of M1?? we can smell it on the hallway but it doesn't come in to our unit.
You are not allowed to tamper with the door as they want it this way for air circulation.

Back