News   May 29, 2024
 240     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   May 28, 2024
 2K     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Victor and Nicole are the best. both very friendly and always so helpfull with everything. We are quite lucky to have them.

I don't know if property management reads the forum, but SOME of the security guards know about it. I also heard about a possible issue with Victor, where he told our manager that his company wanted to move him, so our manager went to Condor and told them don't pull Victor from our building. Condor ripped into Victor for discussing it, and he's not happy with them. (The security company rips into our security ALOT! Our old guard Shmuel accidentally left evidence on the computer he was using Facebook, got reported... They told him to come in for a meeting, so he just quit instead of facing them)

Fun fact: Vanny (the Indian woman who does lots of overnights and weekends in M2) was named Condor's employee of the year!

What password and gift basket are you guys referring to? Is it the bag of cleaning supplies?

LOL! Password for Front Desk, the new portal for residents to book amenities, notify security of guests, post classifieds, get discounts, etc. etc.

As for the "gift basket"... How long have you been reading this forum? :D

Look out for everything! Sink, fridge, flooring, paint, windows, doors, mirrors....everything!

turn every switch on and off, make sure all lights and fixtures work. I brought my phone and charger with me and plugged them into every single wall plug in my unit. I found a whole wall where there was no power and was VERY glad I tested for it.

another thing to take your time on is hardwood. if you've upgraded your flooring, take the time to look for dings and scratches.

one other thing you should pay close attention to is the tile grout in the kitchen and bathrooms.

you will be very excited and a little nervous, but DO NOT let them rush you. take your time and be meticulous especially with the items I listed above because they are easy to miss.

one last suggestion i have is document everything you mark as "to be fixed" take a photo of the problem and be sure to include where they mark it (with painters tape) so that if there are any discrepancies over whether or not you claimed it or whether the damage was there on the PDI you will have proof.

yes, make sure you check scratches on the wood/laminate floor, cracks in the wall/floor tiles, scratches/dents on the kitchen cabinetry and granite counter tops, niks in the wall etc .... most of the time builders would NOT fix theses things if you "catch them later" after you move in

turn every switch on and off, make sure all lights and fixtures work. I brought my phone and charger with me and plugged them into every single wall plug in my unit. I found a whole wall where there was no power and was VERY glad I tested for it.

another thing to take your time on is hardwood. if you've upgraded your flooring, take the time to look for dings and scratches.

one other thing you should pay close attention to is the tile grout in the kitchen and bathrooms.

you will be very excited and a little nervous, but DO NOT let them rush you. take your time and be meticulous especially with the items I listed above because they are easy to miss.

one last suggestion i have is document everything you mark as "to be fixed" take a photo of the problem and be sure to include where they mark it (with painters tape) so that if there are any discrepancies over whether or not you claimed it or whether the damage was there on the PDI you will have proof.

ah yes and to add to that, run the dishwasher for a brief moment, and the washing machine too. make sure the water is running and not leaking. do this in your tub as well, run the shower on hot for 5 min, make sure everything is legit. same goes for the oven.

basically turn on and run all appliances for 5 minutes. check they are operating, are not making noices or leaking water

I recently had my PDI, I found a lot of scratches in the cabinetry, and a lot of imperfections and chips in the paint on the wall. My upgraded tumbled marble backsplash had cracks in it, I pointed it out and they said it's "how it comes." They ended up fixing it because they realized there were actual cracks in it. Also, they mentioned not to test out the washer/dryer/dish washer during the PDI because they said you should be using a full load. They claim that they test it multiple times before you move into your unit. We'll see about that.

I recently had my PDI, I found a lot of scratches in the cabinetry, and a lot of imperfections and chips in the paint on the wall. My upgraded tumbled marble backsplash had cracks in it, I pointed it out and they said it's "how it comes." They ended up fixing it because they realized there were actual cracks in it. Also, they mentioned not to test out the washer/dryer/dish washer during the PDI because they said you should be using a full load. They claim that they test it multiple times before you move into your unit. We'll see about that.

Washer/Dryer/Dish are covered by the manufacture company, 1 year covered. Had issues with washer, tech came, fixed under warranty.

Back