News   May 17, 2024
 2.6K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

I saw on a condo magazine, urbancorp is going to build townhouses in the edges of downsview park . Does this mean that the Secondary plan has been approved or patially approved??

Would like to see the business centre on the corner of sheppard/Allen , retail shops, restaurants and boardwalk where the pond is at created sooner than later.

The townhouses are on the Keele side, in the Stanley Greene Neighbourhood.

The plan calls for condos in the Allen neighbourhood, though that should be a fun area: If anyone has any complaints about airplanes now, they test the engines on that little strip on the east side, next to where some of the condos are gonna be built. At least we have some distance. That neighbourhood will be screwed. But there's no plans for businesses or a pond at Allen & Sheppard.

price is probably too high. I wonder if Liberty regrets not having M4 all residential units and M3 ground floor space as retail units only

a lot of the retail space is barely finished on the inside. it may look "ready to go" from the outside, but ANY business moving in there will have plenty of finishing to do before they can use the space. plumbing, electrical, all that stuff. right now things are barely "roughed in"

a friend of mine used to live in the condo right behind toronto city hall which also had retail space at the base. It took almost a year for signs to go up that the space was going to be used and another year for them to finish the space for what is now a sobey's express.

unlike our units which are built to move in, the retail space is a shell of a space and the investment just to have the space ready to use for commercial use is likely very high.

Anyone know when people from the M4 (Parkside Tower) can expect to have their PDI done? My occupancy date is mid-May, just curious if anyone out there from the first 3 buildings remembers how far in advance they did their PDI before taking occupancy.

Thanks!

one month to two weeks before move in. The lady told me pdi one week before occupancy date is not ideal.

You will get an email from customer service to set up your pdi, no worries.

What did you order? Do they deliver?

I order from Me Va Me (http://mevame.com/) all the time. Their prices are reasonable and their portions are HUGE. They are located at Steeles and Hilda, but they do deliver to us *their delivery cutoff zone is sheppard, we JUST made it*

If you enjoy THAI food, Thai Basil Garden (http://thaibasilgardensite.com/index.html) also delivers to our building. Not the best Thai you've ever had, but definitely reasonable, and again they deliver to our building.

Anyone else wanna share some decent delivery places around us?

Thai
- Thai Plate us at Lawrence/Bathurst, but they deliver here. DEFINITELY the best Thai place in the area - hands down.

Pizza
- San Francesco is my first choice around here, though I called a few weeks back and the phone rang and rang, not sure why (someone confirm they haven't closed down or something weird like that?)
- Tried Buzz Buzz Pizza when I couldn't get ahold of San Fran, and it was pretty good. A little greasier, but cheaper and thicker (if you like a seriously hearty pizza). The guy who answers the phone was CLUELESS though, not sure if he was the owner - likely. If you can get past that, it's not a bad place.

For walk ins, the Falafel and Shawarma at Orly (Bath/Sheppard) is pretty damn good - I've been a repeat there since moving in; Though people swear by King Davids and Dr Laffa (a little further north). Not sure if any of those three deliver.

Last edited:
One gripe about the media room, since I haven't seen it mentioned before:

Booking the media room is NON-SENSE!! People book every Saturday or Friday for 3 months in a row and just show up as they please. I realize we can go on a waiting list, but that's pointless if I'm planning to invite friend over in advance or center a night around it.

As bad as it is to say, there either needs to be a limit to how many times you can book it in a month, or there needs to start being small deposits to deter people who book and don't show up. I hate the latter, but it's just getting really frustrating to have to book 4 months in advance only to see the room unused on nights I was trying to book.

With M3 and M4 opening up now, this can only get worse going forward. As it is, it's very difficult to get the party room on a Saturday anytime short of two months in advance, the gym is busy already as it is on peak hours, and the golf sim will be a zoo between now and April.

Hopefully the new booking site will add some accountability. Am I the only one finding our amenities to be a problem? Especially given there will be twice the condo maintenance fees being collected by the condo corp for the same number of amenities.

Thoughts?

whats going on with the idomo? is there any confirmation of the two other condos that are suppose to go on this site?

Booking the media room is NON-SENSE!! People book every Saturday or Friday for 3 months in a row and just show up as they please. I realize we can go on a waiting list, but that's pointless if I'm planning to invite friend over in advance or center a night around it.

As bad as it is to say, there either needs to be a limit to how many times you can book it in a month, or there needs to start being small deposits to deter people who book and don't show up. I hate the latter, but it's just getting really frustrating to have to book 4 months in advance only to see the room unused on nights I was trying to book.

With M3 and M4 opening up now, this can only get worse going forward. As it is, it's very difficult to get the party room on a Saturday anytime short of two months in advance, the gym is busy already as it is on peak hours, and the golf sim will be a zoo between now and April.

Hopefully the new booking site will add some accountability. Am I the only one finding our amenities to be a problem? Especially given there will be twice the condo maintenance fees being collected by the condo corp for the same number of amenities.

Thoughts?

I think you can forward your concern to customer care, they will take care of your concern. Or maybe management office.

I think you can forward your concern to customer care, they will take care of your concern. Or maybe management office.

That sounds like a management/condo board issue, perhaps something to take up at the next AGM (whenever that is).

Perhaps community nights might be an amicable solution? This is all because of a pissing match between 2 residents; a Leafs fan and a basketball fan.

whats going on with the idomo? is there any confirmation of the two other condos that are suppose to go on this site?

Last check (the fall Toronto Star article), it was still gonna be green office space. There's other businesses in the building that are still operating (like BOFF Wallbeds). It's just the furniture store is being taken down (looks like piece-by-piece) to be converted.

Thoughts?

Sigh. Honestly i knew this may happen with the ratio of tenants vs amenities available. Someone needs to bring this concern at the next meeting.

Every suite only gets to book the party room 1 weekend (fri-sun) and 1 weekday(M-Th) a month with say 4 times extra to be on the waiting list. This is something that is done at my cousin's condo . Once you use up your 1 weekend and 1 weekday slot, if a sat is open, you still have to be on the waiting list unless within 3 days nobody books it, then its yours. Its an idea to deter away the "hogs" trying to book popular days in advance.

As for the gym, i thought when 2 buildings were going to share M2 gym, for its size, it was going to be on the smaller side. Then i heard it only has 3 treadmills and now two more buildings to cater to. I think the design is ridiculous. At least the dressing room could be smaller to increase the space of the gym.

The only solution i see for the gym problem is to get rid of some machines that nobody uses and pack in more treadmills and ellipticals.From my experience going to gym these cardio machines plus stretching are 90 percent of some peoples workout needs on a daily basis. You just can't have 3 treadmill and ellipticasl for 4 hefty size condo buildings.

I hope people voice their opinions at the next meeting. I know once i settle in, i will.

Last edited:

Back