News   Apr 26, 2024
 466     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 360     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 559     0 

Leslieville / Studio District

I see that Darkhorse has now moved into the Sync Loft. Since I haven't had a chance to visit the new location, does anyone know the reason for the move? Loved the old space.

Rumour has it that Aft has taken over the former Dark Horse space and will use it for tapas style nibbles for people waiting for a table at Aft, and for people who just want small plates.

Rumour has it that Aft has taken over the former Dark Horse space and will use it for tapas style nibbles for people waiting for a table at Aft, and for people who just want small plates.

Bingo. 7-day a week breakfast, snacks and drinks late at night.

(And the Riverside thread has zero love these days, so i get putting it in here)

And now news of a new BBQ place actually in Leslieville - AAA Bar are opening another location in the old Hummingbird Caribbean spot at 1276 Queen East

Celline Garden at the north-east corner of Queen/Carlaw will be closing at the end of this month. The folks behind East Side Social (just a few doors east) will be taking it over and repurposing it as a pub.

They did quite-to-very well with their big weekend nights, but were significantly quieter during the week. Still, I don't think the place needed an enema, just some tweaking. It was the only gay bar east of the Don (although, The Danforth's The Old Nick is sort of one) so quite sad to see it not really play that role any more.

Friend of ours lives on Bloomfield... I'll have to ask him what he thinks. I've been to the Brewery, even bought a nice tee there. Nice scene, shame about the beer. Couldn't find anything I particularly liked - I've had more luck at the Indie Ale House in the Junction.

But it's a welcome addition as far as I'm concerned.

Back