News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 555     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Leaside

It was Brennan's. They still had cars there in October - but they took the signs down last week.

4016215232_f1e7a253f9.jpg

http://jbwarehouse.blogspot.com/2009/11/1633-there-goes-dealership-story-in.html

It was better when it was Rumble's in their old retro sign-pyloned presence 25 yrs ago...

I drive by it everyday to work so I'll keep an eye out.

No lease sign up yet though, not sure what that means.

Regarding the post further back "I don't like ghelto" < spelled properly :)
Oh no ... you will / do, you haven't tried the flavours at Hollywood ... just think of really smooth ice cream. It's not the traditional fruity / icy / chunky ghelto

A changed building in Leaside.

This "Then & Now" photo may interest my fiends in Leaside.

Attachments

• TN Canada Wire union Laird Dr.jpg
    TN Canada Wire union Laird Dr.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 399
Passing by the site last night it is clear that they are in the process of gutting the entire facility. The interior is almost completely empty, with even the light fixtures having been removed. There is also a single piece of heavy equipment inside, presumably to do the demo work.

We tried Higway 61 a couple of weeks ago. Really great ribs. Falls right off the bone, great sauce that has a good dose of cumin, and a full rack was enough meat to feed two of us and still had a big chunk left over for lunch the next day. Good thing we got there around 6, though, because by 7ish there was a lineup. I'm pretty sure they don't take reservation.

We also tried the Mexican place just south of H61. Can't remember the name. Pretty good, but everything was just a bit too salty. Worth a try.

They turned it into a furniture shop!! I pass by quite often since my gf lives in the condo across the street (beside CNIB). I haven't been into the store, but it looks like the trendy/plastic stuff that is probably overpriced....

Yep, but it's clearly temporary only.

Isn't it all patio furniture? Also, as taal mentioned, this is clearly a temporary location only. I've yet to see anyone actually shopping there since it opened and have passed by a number of times.

Isn't it all patio furniture? Also, as taal mentioned, this is clearly a temporary location only. I've yet to see anyone actually shopping there since it opened and have passed by a number of times.

it definitely has a mix of patio furniture and other stuff inside. i'll try and snap a shot when i pass by next time.

This is the perfect thread to use for my first post.

My wife and I don't live in Leaside proper, as we are in Davisville Village, but get all the amenities of Leaside.

As for the old Brennan's site I have heard quite a few rumours. The best one being a new LCBO.

Back