News   Apr 26, 2024
 321     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 877     0 

LCBO / The Beer Store

Should the LCBO be deregulated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With all the unhoused and those without valid ID I can see this being an issue here. There are alot more people with addiction issues in the GTA than there are in Northern Ontario and the need to support those addictions can make people do dangerous things.
Perhaps not on a per capita basis. Communities like Sioux Lookout, Red Lake, Kenora and Thunder Bay have indigent components that are way out of whack with other communities. The vast majority of this segment are First Nations from remotes territories. Because they are indigent they typically don't get included in the resident tax base for the community, giving these towns some of the higher per capita policing costs in the province.

I can't speak to LCBO policy and whether it is directly related to store security, but in Sioux Lookout they have also closed the LCBO for two days per week and that has resulted in a huge reduction in police calls for service.

I realized those paper bags were useless when I came home from the LCBO only to have my bottle of red wine go right through the bag and smash on the floor. Since then I always bring a sturdy reusable bag.
The main utility of them for me is to protect my bottles from each other. I often have a reusable bag on me, but I don't plan ahead to bring several just because I'm grabbing booze. Also, I'm always taking one less than the number of bottles I have cause one can just sit outside of paper.

The trick is to drink it on your way home.

Heathen!

🤣

Red wine should be served in the correct glass, with a wide bowl, allowing the nose to percolate up and tempt the pallet. It should be served at the correct temperature and with the appropriate food pairing.

I am not bringing a portable table, cutlery, wine glass, plate, cooktop, ice pack and futzing to get good plating in the middle of the sidewalk on Bloor or the subway!

To be clear, I disagree w/this guy:

The main utility of them for me is to protect my bottles from each other. I often have a reusable bag on me, but I don't plan ahead to bring several just because I'm grabbing booze. Also, I'm always taking one less than the number of bottles I have cause one can just sit outside of paper.
I always use one of their plastic bags with six openings in them; the bottles are well protected from each other. And with "LCBO" written in large white letters on each side of the dark grey bag, I advertise not only a monopoly but also my questionable drinking habits.

Red wine should be served in the correct glass, with a wide bowl, allowing the nose to percolate up and tempt the pallet.
d946db8ac4fbcf1df7158f7a8bc77806.jpg

Back