King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

What's another month vs 2+ years. I am very curious to see the inside and the size of my unit. I'm having trouble visualizing it just based on the floor plan. I hope I don't freak out when I see it and say "this is it??" hahaha. The other nightmare scenario is "Oh my god, I picked such horrid finishes!!"

Honestly I think this building will be great, in my opinion the location is absolutely amazing and will just get better in the next few years as other developments close by get built up. We have the 3rd best sushi restaurant within an 8 minute walk (Hiro, with Sushi Kaji & Kaiseki Yu-Zen being the others), St Lawrence Market, Distillery, highways, all the furniture you could possibly fit inside your 475sq/f condo right at your door-step, and the walk downtown is 15 minutes! :)

I was dreading going into PDI on 11th floor but I saw the unit when PDI was cancelled and then again next week. Difference was night and day they've got some minor things left to do fix up. Oh and there is a cleaner on site but he's older guy and I think workers were annoying him. :) I've also seen 2-3 other cleaners.

You will love your unit. Finishes that my former girlfriend picked out were damn good. I mean she picked out black tile for the bathroom and it turned out amazing even while not in tip top clean shape. All in all model suites are turning out great. Now to see what my 14th floor will look like and just how many blinds I'll need for all those windows..(corner unit)

Seems like people with the higher floor units are getting the things the lower floor units didn't (I'm not complaining, I'm glad for you guys). I think because there's no "rush" to get people in, they're taking more time to finish units. I can guarantee my unit was not cleaned. I posted pictures a few pages back. I have not seen a cleaner on site but glad to hear that they're there. The spa is pretty much done. The sign is up too.

Seems like people with the higher floor units are getting the things the lower floor units didn't (I'm not complaining, I'm glad for you guys). I think because there's no "rush" to get people in, they're taking more time to finish units. I can guarantee my unit was not cleaned. I posted pictures a few pages back. I have not seen a cleaner on site but glad to hear that they're there. The spa is pretty much done. The sign is up too.

They also have a lot less units to deal with higher they go so they don't feel as pressured to complete them. I think I am okay with latest delay we'll see how it affects me.

They also have a lot less units to deal with higher they go so they don't feel as pressured to complete them. I think I am okay with latest delay we'll see how it affects me.

occupancy

I accompanied my mother to a PDI today at a different project. It was so good. The unit was in move-in condition with minor issues. Some were fixed while we were there. Not only that, but the PDI guy went through how to use the appliances, thermostat, checked the heat, etc. I showed them the pictured of my PDI and they couldn't stop laughing. It's funny cuz Lamb blasted the building and the builder a few months ago.

The biggest problem with the PDI's is there's no "team" that actually goes through the unit to do a pre-PDI to make sure the unit works. There's also no actual cleaner that cleans the unit beforehand. Hate to beat a dead horse but I'm still pretty pissed off at this whole thing. I've talked to others in the building and they feel the same way.

I think all in all the building will be nice though...I'm just a little bitter. It will pass.

They're starting to build the surrounds around the unit doors. They look like they'll be pretty slick. The hallways will have a lot of black. The tile by the elevators on each floor will be black like the lobby.

it will all work out over time.however the process cleanliness and deficiency list and forced early move in dates are abysmal.i am no rookie but this is the worst of any real state deal so far for me.yesterday they came to my front door with concrete slabs for the roof 6th floor and wanted to pass through to balcony..hahaha are you fucking kidding me? tile guy came to put in bck splash a paid extra and walked away saying the wall isnt flat enough!! hahah are you fucking kidding again?fortunately because the whole side of the kitchen needs to be removed as drawers hit drywall when fully opened so scavolini will be doing that hopefully in next 120 days then the tile guy can come back.....its a joke show no management no quality control no cleanliness..........but i will make money and that is all i care about!i have to now think of king east as an asset not a fit home............oh ya 4 electrical plugs trip the circuit breaker and the fan in master bath turns of and on the fan in second bathroom......

So I remember a lot of the estimated times you guys were giving in the other thread, and it seems that they were pretty spot on. I think the longest one was eta January 2013, but Oct-Dec 2012 was most likely.

So saying that... what do you think will be the registration date for this condo so we can start paying off our lovely mortgages? My bet... May 1st. I hope I'm wrong and I hope it's in January at the worst, but who am I kidding here.

King West Life - Plazacorp.

I am not surprised. I have bought 2 units from them in the past and my PDI's were excellent.

I have another coming due next year from them and I have seen some of the ready units now and they are also quite spectacular.

it will all work out over time.however the process cleanliness and deficiency list and forced early move in dates are abysmal.i am no rookie but this is the worst of any real state deal so far for me.yesterday they came to my front door with concrete slabs for the roof 6th floor and wanted to pass through to balcony..hahaha are you fucking kidding me? tile guy came to put in bck splash a paid extra and walked away saying the wall isnt flat enough!! hahah are you fucking kidding again?fortunately because the whole side of the kitchen needs to be removed as drawers hit drywall when fully opened so scavolini will be doing that hopefully in next 120 days then the tile guy can come back.....its a joke show no management no quality control no cleanliness..........but i will make money and that is all i care about!i have to now think of king east as an asset not a fit home............oh ya 4 electrical plugs trip the circuit breaker and the fan in master bath turns of and on the fan in second bathroom......

Well, they should have had your patio done before you even moved in. Then they'd be able to walk right through your unit without issue ;). My tile in the bathroom has to be redone. There's a 1/4 inch grout line on one end and then NO grout line on the tile under it. There's also other things wrong with my tile. Not to mention all the glue, paint caulking all over my floors that I can't get off. I've washed my floor 3 times and used a scrub with different cleaners and still doesn't work. None of the outlets in my bedroom work and the closet doors are still not hung. Light switches are so crooked along with one of my bulkheads and in the living room you can see the taping on each sheet of drywall.

My cabinets also butt up against the wall. I'm not quite sure how that's going to get fixed. Counter needs to be redone since it doesn't fit properly and I can't use the dishwasher.

There are so many deficiencies that could have quickly been avoided if there was any quality control here. I've looked at units under construction here and you see and they don't protect anything. Probably why my sink is scratched to high hell.

Never seen anything like this and I've purchased a few places and have been to many many PDI's. And the odd time they do fix something, I have to end up fixing it myself.

Amateur at best.

So I remember a lot of the estimated times you guys were giving in the other thread, and it seems that they were pretty spot on. I think the longest one was eta January 2013, but Oct-Dec 2012 was most likely.

So saying that... what do you think will be the registration date for this condo so we can start paying off our lovely mortgages? My bet... May 1st. I hope I'm wrong and I hope it's in January at the worst, but who am I kidding here.

January? I wouldn't say this even if things went as smooth as can be. It's usually 6 months at the least and I think this one will take a little while. Maybe April-May-ish..which is OK since I have to sell my other place now.

I am not surprised. I have bought 2 units from them in the past and my PDI's were excellent.

I have another coming due next year from them and I have seen some of the ready units now and they are also quite spectacular.

They did a great job and were very thorough. I'm not a big fan of Plazacorp, but they do build a quality product and have good customer service. Kinda like a poor man's tridel.

Last edited:
They did a great job and were very thorough. I'm not a big fan of Plazacorp, but they do build a quality product and have good customer service. Kinda like a poor man's tridel.[/QUOTE

I agree they may not be the most beautiful buildings outside but inside they provide good quality finishes and reasonable workmanship at competitive prices. And in my experience, consistency. I also like that they show you what you actually get, not a showroom of upgrades and you get the basic. Anyhow, I have been happy with them and that sure helps.

I am sure that the King East when everything is remedied will be great as well. It is just that it can leave such a sour taste in one's mouth over what for many people is an exciting foray into the Real Estate market, especially when we are talking end users. Not so much perhaps for investors.

]

This thread just went dead all of a sudden :) any updates from those on the inside? hehe

Slowly but surely construction is moving along. The spa is pretty much done...looks nice. Tiling in the lobby is pretty much done. Elevator area on each floor has/will have black tiling around it...along with each unit door. They're working on that stuff. Still a lot to do. A couple of my deficiencies have been fixed...still feel meh about the whole thing.

we are in

This thread just went dead all of a sudden :) any updates from those on the inside? hehe

my thirty day list has been sent and received to tarion. now working on the late occupancy documents to submit.nothing on my deficiency list has been fixed after 18 days of occupancy.after a visit from a 'fixer' and scavolini they both said will call to make things right.

we are in

more than twice security guards have entered my suite for no apparent reason and the last time i complained to building management.next time it happens i will call the police.....security guards there are totally useless anyways so i suspect they they just want to steal stuff..........just a heads up to all..........today my sisters car was damaged when the garage fell own on her roof complained to management they said we will pay! duh! and we knew the door didnt work properly.........the parking garage was full of nails from the insulation installation crew...complained to management they said they knew about the nails............the guy who was going to call last monday to set up time to start fixing my deficiencies never called all week...........from my perspective its just more of the same lack of management and quality control.................for first time buyers i assure you this is not normal!....

more than twice security guards have entered my suite for no apparent reason and the last time i complained to building management.next time it happens i will call the police.....security guards there are totally useless anyways so i suspect they they just want to steal stuff..........just a heads up to all..........today my sisters car was damaged when the garage fell own on her roof complained to management they said we will pay! duh! and we knew the door didnt work properly.........the parking garage was full of nails from the insulation installation crew...complained to management they said they knew about the nails............the guy who was going to call last monday to set up time to start fixing my deficiencies never called all week...........from my perspective its just more of the same lack of management and quality control.................for first time buyers i assure you this is not normal!....

I don't get it... they entered your suite while you were there or when you were away? Aren't they supposed to notify you and get your permission if they want to enter your unit?

Back