King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

occupancy

My lawyer did. I was going to post that here as well.

up to 6th is kinda ready my advice is get occupancy pushed back as far as you can fight it............longer mean more work done less hassle for you.demand a pdi before you occupy as many as it takes

up to 6th is kinda ready my advice is get occupancy pushed back as far as you can fight it............longer mean more work done less hassle for you.demand a pdi before you occupy as many as it takes
The 11th floor is indefinitely delayed according to the lawyers.

occupancy

Eh? 11th floor only? What about the higher floors? And how come? I guess it's "just because"...

there has to be at least 3 months of solid work left to get the building habitable and 3 after to get it registered.floors 1 -6 should not be inhabited now as i see it but c'est la vie........we all get screwed............tomorrow i am starting the preparation of my tarion 30 day list with a walk through with an expert.has anyone on this board filed or intend to file tarion late fee request?in my case it means a few thousand dollars after all the delays.................

there has to be at least 3 months of solid work left to get the building habitable and 3 after to get it registered.floors 1 -6 should not be inhabited now as i see it but c'est la vie........we all get screwed............tomorrow i am starting the preparation of my tarion 30 day list with a walk through with an expert.has anyone on this board filed or intend to file tarion late fee request?in my case it means a few thousand dollars after all the delays.................

Ah, that's too bad! :( Hopefully things get sorted quickly...

I have a friend who was a contractor & actually worked on fixing deficiencies in condos. He's seen it all! I'm bringing him to my PDI.

Ah, that's too bad! :( Hopefully things get sorted quickly...

I have a friend who was a contractor & actually worked on fixing deficiencies in condos. He's seen it all! I'm bringing him to my PDI.

No idea what the reason was, my lawyer told me that he doesn't know what it is either. Like I've said shitstorm brewing over there would be my guess. Yea I'll need to get me someone who knows inside and out of construction to help out with PDI.

The Kingeast is being construction managed by 5Nine, and they are the ones who have repeatedly insisted that they could maintain absurdly optimistic timelines, both to buyers and apparently to LambDevCorp as well. I'm not sure why they felt compelled to do this - perhaps penalties or risk of being fired. I had a frank conversation with someone at 5Nine 9 months ago at which time they were still insisting on a July occupancy (ha!). I told them it was impossible. It does seem strange that Lamb would allow himself to be led down the garden path - a quick assessment on his part of the timelines of several of his own or of Freed's projects of a similar scale should have been enough evidence to prove that 5Nine was out to lunch. And why there hasn't been better damage control recently on Lamb's part is also a mystery to me. (repeat post from 'real estate bubble' thread)

Not sure if anything actually happened or not, but last night I drove by the site on my way home around 18:25 and there were 3 fire trucks with lights on parked outside the building.

Reason for indefinite delay is actually good. They've stopped listening to developer because time-lines for delivery were unrealistic. Apparently developer was being hassled too...

I was moving when the fire trucks showed up. I don't think anything happened.

As someone who's living in the building....those of you who have been delayed should be thanking your lucky stars. NO ONE should be living in this building right now. There is way too much work to do at this point. The disorganization is comical.

How are people here who have no ties to the industry able to project better timelines than the builder?

On a completely unrelated note:

I think I can live with the toilet for now...:cool:

I was moving when the fire trucks showed up. I don't think anything happened.

As someone who's living in the building....those of you who have been delayed should be thanking your lucky stars. NO ONE should be living in this building right now. There is way too much work to do at this point. The disorganization is comical.

How are people here who have no ties to the industry able to project better timelines than the builder?

On a completely unrelated note:

I think I can live with the toilet for now...:cool:

Just imagine how big other toilets will seem to you now:)

This entire process continues to make me laugh...to the point my friends and family are cracking jokes too...so update...I booked a PDI for Friday but I won't hold my breathe--I too received the undetermined occupancy letter from their lawyer and was told that guys are still working on my unit today and it's not ready for a PDI...oh, and let's not forget Ms. Debbie's communication yesterday. Anyhow, I won't be able to park my car even if I am granted occupancy because spaces are not ready. Not bad for a my first place lol

Just imagine how big other toilets will seem to you now:)

This entire process continues to make me laugh...to the point my friends and family are cracking jokes too...so update...I booked a PDI for Friday but I won't hold my breathe--I too received the undetermined occupancy letter from their lawyer and was told that guys are still working on my unit today and it's not ready for a PDI...oh, and let's not forget Ms. Debbie's communication yesterday. Anyhow, I won't be able to park my car even if I am granted occupancy because spaces are not ready. Not bad for a my first place lol

I parked in the visitor parking yesterday (there's only 7 of them LOL). So yes, parking is ready. The garage door is being installed today. I guarantee your unit is nowhere near ready. George is the only guy who will be able to give you a straight answer. I've seen a few units even on my floor (3rd) that are concrete bunkers or just barely drywalled (boy do those south exposure units get a crapload of sun). There's a lot of work to do if you're above 7.

I parked in the visitor parking yesterday (there's only 7 of them LOL). So yes, parking is ready. The garage door is being installed today. I guarantee your unit is nowhere near ready. George is the only guy who will be able to give you a straight answer. I've seen a few units even on my floor (3rd) that are concrete bunkers or just barely drywalled (boy do those south exposure units get a crapload of sun). There's a lot of work to do if you're above 7.

Thanks for the update...I think you are way more reliable than all contacts put together with the exception of George:) We shall see what happens...I may receive one of those cancellation calls tomorrow at 1:00 p.m.--stay tuned!

Thanks for the update...I think you are way more reliable than all contacts put together with the exception of George:) We shall see what happens...I may receive one of those cancellation calls tomorrow at 1:00 p.m.--stay tuned!

Question... what are occupancy fees like? And do you still pay other things separately immediately as well (strata & that pump rental), or do they bundle it until the building is registered?

Also, how does house insurance work in this case... do you need it before you close, does Tarion cover it for 30 days or until building registration, or...?

Question... what are occupancy fees like? And do you still pay other things separately immediately as well (strata & that pump rental), or do they bundle it until the building is registered?

Also, how does house insurance work in this case... do you need it before you close, does Tarion cover it for 30 days or until building registration, or...?

Last place I bought needed insurance in order for me to move in. Knowing this project I'd get it just to be safe.

Occupancy....if you paid low 300's...you'll be paying 14-1500 at least. I was kind of surprised by the amount. Pump is extra ($40). Then a void cheque...I don't think there were any other extras.

Back