Junction House (Slate) - Real Estate -

We received notice of Firm Occupancy for 05-Oct-2023, this was about 2 months ago. Our lawyers recently received a notification confirming occupancy closing on 05-Oct-2023.

We're on the 4th floor.

What floor are you on and have you received a firm occupancy date?

We were also told that our initial suite check will occur within the first two weeks of September. Have you received any communication regarding that?
Yes. It is our firm occupancy that has been delayed (two out of the three times this year). We conducted the initial walk through (and it did not go well - lots of issues, most of them, the builder refused to record - so we need to be more strict with the official PDI). Our official PDI has also been postponed given the latest occupancy delay.

Customer service has been rude and misleading throughout the whole process. We are just at our wits end at this point.

Yes. It is our firm occupancy that has been delayed (two out of the three times this year). We conducted the initial walk through (and it did not go well - lots of issues, most of them, the builder refused to record - so we need to be more strict with the official PDI). Our official PDI has also been postponed given the latest occupancy delay.

Customer service has been rude and misleading throughout the whole process. We are just at our wits end at this point.
What floor are you on?

Did you receive compensation for the delay since it is required by law when firm occupancy is delayed? You also should receive a nice little bonus since they didn't notify you within 10 days of your firm occupancy closing that it was going to be delayed.

You can also report the builder to Tarion immediately if they refuse to note something down during the PDI.

See 2:44 in this video from Tarion for more info regarding reporting the builder:

3rd floor here. Was told my firm occupancy date is September 28th. Haven't been contacted for a walkthrough of the unit yet...

There's a private Facebook group for Junction House unit owners, I think it would be great if we could build up the numbers there and share information with each other that way.

Anyone been contacted about their condos PDI or occupancy at all yet?

And on a similar note, I noticed there's a Facebook group for unit owners that looks pretty new. I'm hoping it picks up steam since it would be a good way to share information. It's called Junction House Condo Community
could you please share the link or name of the group, wasnt able to locate it. Thank you

Any other owners here concerned at the amount of delay? Our occupancy has been delayed over 3 times this year alone. The last delay with ONE day notice. What’s going on over there?
I’m not concerned. If you had proper documentation, even if it’s 1 day notice prior to 90 day occupancy date then it’s proper documentation. Also, because your unit is not ready then of course there are issues, which I’m sure will be rectified upon your official PDI. That's like saying you visited your car while its being manufactured at the factory but it has issues and wont start.. This all seems normal to me.

Last edited:
Received an email today that my firm occupancy has been pushed from September 28th to October 12th. I'm on the 3rd floor.

Update: Our occupancy was (is) set for today. It is now after 4 PM and our lawyer has not yet received an occupancy permit (despite assurances it was going to be uploaded on Friday). Kicker is, we have not received word from the Builder that occupancy is further delayed. They are not answering emails or phone calls. This cannot be allowed - has anyone ever run into something similar?

Update: Our occupancy was (is) set for today. It is now after 4 PM and our lawyer has not yet received an occupancy permit (despite assurances it was going to be uploaded on Friday). Kicker is, we have not received word from the Builder that occupancy is further delayed. They are not answering emails or phone calls. This cannot be allowed - has anyone ever run into something similar?
Have you heard anything yet? That is highly concerning.

Have you heard anything yet? That is highly concerning.
2 PM next day - still no occupancy permit, still no official notice re delay, still no reply to our email from this morning requesting an update.

This is crazy. I am not sure how they think they can operate this way.

2 PM next day - still no occupancy permit, still no official notice re delay, still no reply to our email from this morning requesting an update.

This is crazy. I am not sure how they think they can operate this way.
I have heard they haven’t paid the city that’s why occupancy hasn’t been granted

Still no notice of delayed occupancy and no new occupancy date set.
Do they have your right email? Address? Lawyer contact? Delays are normal, this is very common. Passing your occupancy without any notice is not.

Back