Junction House (Slate) - Real Estate -

Anastasia

Member Bio
Reaction score
The initial case management conference at OLT (case # OLT-23-000075) was held on May 8, 2023. The decision document directed that a second case management conference be held on July 14, 2023, and that a nine day hearing be held from November 6 to 17, 2023.

Per the City's Recommendation Report (item 6.5 in the Agenda for the Planning and Development Committee meeting at which this matter will be discussed), staff concluded: "The applications require additional information and modifications before the City can fully endorse approval of the proposed development. Until such time as the outstanding issues identified in this report are resolved, these official plan amendment and rezoning applications are not acceptable in their current form and should not be approved."

Hey Guys,

My GF bought a unit here, I did some investigation this morning and searched the title, I notice this project has a lien on it???
I was curious so I called a couple of the subcontractors and they have mentioned as well they are having trouble with the GC?

Where there is smoke there is fire?

Can anyone fill me in as I’m weary of this project, I don’t want my spouse to lose her deposit money or be living in a condo with active lawsuit.

Is anyone aware?

Thanks

K.S

Hey Guys,

My GF bought a unit here, I did some investigation this morning and searched the title, I notice this project has a lien on it???
I was curious so I called a couple of the subcontractors and they have mentioned as well they are having trouble with the GC?

Where there is smoke there is fire?

Can anyone fill me in as I’m weary of this project, I don’t want my spouse to lose her deposit money or be living in a condo with active lawsuit.

Is anyone aware?

Thanks

K.S
Can you provide some more information? Who registered the lien and is there a reason listed? which subcontractors have you spoken with?

- fellow concerned owner

Can you provide some more information? Who registered the lien and is there a reason listed? which subcontractors have you spoken with?

- fellow concerned owner
49CE701A-2A6D-4A30-AF95-F2EA8E8CCDCE.jpeg49CE701A-2A6D-4A30-AF95-F2EA8E8CCDCE.jpeg

It’s at the bottom, I’m going to reach out to the company today. It says construction lien, I assume it’s unpaid invoices.

I’ve done some research Multiplex seems to get in a lot of disputes. They we removed from Hotel X project after years of delay as well as the Four Seasons project.

Let me know if you find out any info

Hey everyone,
I'm an owner of a unit in this building. Very concerned about the posts I read today about a lien on the building, especially now that closing seems to be coming soon. What does it mean for us owners?

Regarding the Hotel X lien issue it seems like Multiplex may not be entirely at fault for whatever went down in that situation and it sounds like there is a lot more than we are not aware of - TStar article here - https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/news/gta/2016/11/12/troubles-at-the-hotel-x.html

You can draw your own conclusions based on the information outlined within that article.

Regarding this lien, I don't know how this affects a precon but I do know that contractors tend to place liens quite frivolously from speaking with friends in the industry. I plan on reaching out to Junction House to see if they will comment.

Hi friends. Writing to let purchasers know that there's no need to worry about this situation. The team is actively working with the above subcontractor on a resolution, and this will not impact occupancy or registration. Feel free to email Norma at Customer Care (customercare@junctionhouse.ca) if you have any questions or would like to discuss further.

Hi friends. Writing to let purchasers know that there's no need to worry about this situation. The team is actively working with the above subcontractor on a resolution, and this will not impact occupancy or registration. Feel free to email Norma at Customer Care (customercare@junctionhouse.ca) if you have any questions or would like to discuss further.
If not resolved prior to commencement of closing, will you be taking steps to vacate the lien off title and fight this off with your trade separately?

It is my understanding 2 to 3 other trades are liening this project. It appears it has been mismanaged and owner is blaming trades that worked through Covid-19 to deliver a project.

Shame on slate!

They should be embarrassed to be conducting business this way, I wonder if their investors know about this conduct?

I’ve tried to reach Globizen their website doesn’t have a phone number? And they don’t have an office? The business is registered to a residential unit on the esplanade.

Something isn’t adding up here

Anyone been contacted about their condos PDI or occupancy at all yet?

And on a similar note, I noticed there's a Facebook group for unit owners that looks pretty new. I'm hoping it picks up steam since it would be a good way to share information. It's called Junction House Condo Community

Any other owners here concerned at the amount of delay? Our occupancy has been delayed over 3 times this year alone. The last delay with ONE day notice. What’s going on over there?

Any other owners here concerned at the amount of delay? Our occupancy has been delayed over 3 times this year alone. The last delay with ONE day notice. What’s going on over there?
We received notice of Firm Occupancy for 05-Oct-2023, this was about 2 months ago. Our lawyers recently received a notification confirming occupancy closing on 05-Oct-2023.

We're on the 4th floor.

What floor are you on and have you received a firm occupancy date?

We were also told that our initial suite check will occur within the first two weeks of September. Have you received any communication regarding that?

Back