INDX Condos (Lifetime Developments & CentreCourt Developments) - Real Estate - | Page 7

Discussion in 'Real Estate - Individual Project Threads' started by interchange42, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Summerelle

Summerelle New Member

No. They don't create a tripping hazard. It is too small to notice a difference. I felt it was more of the plastic wood expanding due to thermal changes than improper tiling.

Here is the microwave they replaced instead of stainless steel.

Attached Files:

2. theGuest

theGuest New Member

Hmm, yes. I could see how that would be annoying.

Thanks for posting an image!

3. Panontario

Panontario Active Member

Hi guys. I've been away till now. I should be able to go back to the place next week. The rest of my family went back several times since they got the possession. Apparently, some of the issues were solved (holes in the walls, unstable washing machine, some of the paint), but some are still present (tiles, floor scratches, scratches on the cabinets, location of the door is not per plan, power is still not fully operational). I hope to be able to go there next week, and look for myself. Customer service, promised to fix some of the issues. They don't want to do anything about other issues (plan deviation etc). I think we are going to take them to court. I still can't believe how powerless homebuyers are.

4. VoicesCarry

VoicesCarry New Member

If your agreement states (as they typically do), that variation in floor plan, finishings, etc. is permitted, then you have little legal recourse regarding some of the issues you've mentioned (e.g. floor plan deviation, ceiling height, door location). These are structural items that are never going to be "fixed" by the developer because they have complete authority over them per their agreement with you. Your lawyer should advise you on what is feasible to request, expect and demand based on the language of the agreement. My assumption is that s/he will advise you to focus on getting the aesthetic and electrical issues fixed as that is realistic to enforce. Best of luck.

5. Panontario

Panontario Active Member

You are exactly correct. That's exactly what been happening. CentreCourt and Lifetime developments are hiding behind the clauses, and are failing to respond to our concerns. Our lawyer said exactly what you mentioned in your post. There is very little we can actually do. So, buyer beware. If you buy with CentreCourt or Lifetime developments, chances are that they won't stand by their product.

6. neuhaus

neuhaus Senior Member

Yikes, Danby? That's the kind of cheap microwave or brand you see in Canadian Tire or Wallmart.
    Even quality midrange stainless steel microwaves like Panasonic doesn't cost a whole heck a lot more and it looks so much nicer.
    Likewise, having a trim panel around the opening is of minimal cost and makes it look more upscale.o

Purchase agreements are no longer standard boilerplates and developers are extremely careful in avoiding all kinds of liability and protecting themselves from any changes by having purchase agreements carefully worded, so buyer beware.