INDX Condos (Lifetime Developments & CentreCourt Developments) - Real Estate -

No. They don't create a tripping hazard. It is too small to notice a difference. I felt it was more of the plastic wood expanding due to thermal changes than improper tiling.

Here is the microwave they replaced instead of stainless steel.

Attachments

• IMG_2447.JPG
    IMG_2447.JPG
    836.7 KB · Views: 485
Hi guys. I've been away till now. I should be able to go back to the place next week. The rest of my family went back several times since they got the possession. Apparently, some of the issues were solved (holes in the walls, unstable washing machine, some of the paint), but some are still present (tiles, floor scratches, scratches on the cabinets, location of the door is not per plan, power is still not fully operational). I hope to be able to go there next week, and look for myself. Customer service, promised to fix some of the issues. They don't want to do anything about other issues (plan deviation etc). I think we are going to take them to court. I still can't believe how powerless homebuyers are.

If your agreement states (as they typically do), that variation in floor plan, finishings, etc. is permitted, then you have little legal recourse regarding some of the issues you've mentioned (e.g. floor plan deviation, ceiling height, door location). These are structural items that are never going to be "fixed" by the developer because they have complete authority over them per their agreement with you. Your lawyer should advise you on what is feasible to request, expect and demand based on the language of the agreement. My assumption is that s/he will advise you to focus on getting the aesthetic and electrical issues fixed as that is realistic to enforce. Best of luck.

If your agreement states (as they typically do), that variation in floor plan, finishings, etc. is permitted, then you have little legal recourse regarding some of the issues you've mentioned (e.g. floor plan deviation, ceiling height, door location). These are structural items that are never going to be "fixed" by the developer because they have complete authority over them per their agreement with you. Your lawyer should advise you on what is feasible to request, expect and demand based on the language of the agreement. My assumption is that s/he will advise you to focus on getting the aesthetic and electrical issues fixed as that is realistic to enforce. Best of luck.
You are exactly correct. That's exactly what been happening. CentreCourt and Lifetime developments are hiding behind the clauses, and are failing to respond to our concerns. Our lawyer said exactly what you mentioned in your post. There is very little we can actually do. So, buyer beware. If you buy with CentreCourt or Lifetime developments, chances are that they won't stand by their product.

Here is the microwave they replaced instead of stainless steel.

Yikes, Danby? That's the kind of cheap microwave or brand you see in Canadian Tire or Wallmart.
Even quality midrange stainless steel microwaves like Panasonic doesn't cost a whole heck a lot more and it looks so much nicer.
Likewise, having a trim panel around the opening is of minimal cost and makes it look more upscale.o

Purchase agreements are no longer standard boilerplates and developers are extremely careful in avoiding all kinds of liability and protecting themselves from any changes by having purchase agreements carefully worded, so buyer beware.

Any idea if there are still plans to connect this building to the PATH system?

Is building management saying anything?

Why the move from King West, @MetroMan?

It was time for an upgrade and I've always wanted to live amongst the financial district towers.

I'll miss the community of King West but my neighbourhood is going to be construction hell for several years. KING across the street has brought on a non stop parade of trucks and caked the streets and sidewalks in mud. Then the tower on Brant will start. And finally the streetcar track replacement and street reconstruction happening from 2023-2025. The neighbourhood I've enjoyed for the past decade is gone and won't be settled back for a while.

One thing I've learned pretty quickly is that the Financial District isn't built for residential. Very little green space — not even a patch of grass for my dog to pee on for a couple of blocks — and no grocery stores nearby. That said, Berczy Park isn't far and we might end up spending a lot of time in Osgoode Hall's parquette. For groceries, I'll head into the PATH for quick pickups but will shop at St. Lawrence Market for my weekly produce.

Having near direct access to the PATH is going to be great. In winter I'll be able go to the Eaton Centre without a coat. I can walk to Union almost entirely inside. I can glide my luggage on smooth interior floors all the way to UP Express in under 10 minutes to get to Pearson Intl almost without going outside. I'll have to check once COVID is over but I think it's possible to exit my door and right into EY Tower from Sheppard Street. That's like a 20 second hop outdoors.

King West isn't too far and I suspect I'll still be spending a lot of time there as I have business partners and friends there. I'm looking forward to rediscovering the Financial District as a resident.

I was going to ask who else lives nearby to get dining/grocery suggestions before realizing that it's not a residential neighbourhood and I can't think of any other condos for several blocks, but maybe I can reframe it as "who else works nearby?" and find some good spots to eat around the financial district. For groceries, I found that there's a Longo's under First Canadian Place. Would I be correct in assuming that it's probably heftily marked up for office workers? Any other fun spots in the PATH in the downtown core?

Last edited:
@MetroMan, for groceries, there is a Longos basically across the street from you in FCP. I think on all but the worst weather days, if heading south in the PATH, you'll want to enter at FCP rather than EY, as the route through EY to the south is much less straightforward.

For grass, without a doubt Osgoode Hall is the closest. There is a patch at the TD Centre and when Bay Adelaide North is done, the cloud garden, that are also near.

Something interesting about this building: I believe that INDX is hooked up to Deep Lake Water Cooling. In moving in, I've been asked to sign up for Toronto Hydro for power and Provident/Cricket Energy for cooling. I've tried to find out more and so far I've discovered that a "cooling medium" is sent into each unit. I can't see why it would make sense for the building to generate a bulk cool medium rather than each unit generating it from their own hydro with traditional AC. The only thing that makes sense is that very cold water is being pumped in from the lake. It also makes sense given the Financial District location that Deep Lake Water Cooling is available to this building like the bank towers surrounding it. Very cool. (I'll let myself out)

Something interesting about this building: I believe that INDX is hooked up to Deep Lake Water Cooling. In moving in, I've been asked to sign up for Toronto Hydro for power and Provident/Cricket Energy for cooling. I've tried to find out more and so far I've discovered that a "cooling medium" is sent into each unit. I can't see why it would make sense for the building to generate a bulk cool medium rather than each unit generating it from their own hydro with traditional AC. The only thing that makes sense is that very cold water is being pumped in from the lake. It also makes sense given the Financial District location that Deep Lake Water Cooling is available to this building like the bank towers surrounding it. Very cool. (I'll let myself out)
Is it just cooling, or is it "thermal" in general? I pay heating and cooling separate from electricity at my building, but we're not connected to Enwave. It's just a way of passing on that cost to residents instead of the condo corp covering it, as they traditionally do.

It's just a way of passing on that cost to residents instead of the condo corp covering it, as they traditionally do.

Perhaps, for clarity as to who really is paying, this might have been worded: ...instead of these costs being paid indirectly through the condominium unit's monthly maintenance fees.

Isn't that the norm in any large building, that heating/cooling is covered through your condo fees? Are there really large / modern buildings that have individual heating/cooling systems in each unit?

Back