News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 407     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Ikea

Not that Ikea would like a site with little potential for parking space, but Maple Leaf Gardens would make be the perfect location.

AoD

If as rumoured, Quebecor wants to sell the Toronto Sun building (333 King St E) I think that would also make a good candidate as well.

Although, there probably would not be enough parking and traffic in the area would increase dramatically.

It is Ikea. Sign indicates it will open on July 31. Given the location and size its some promo thing or perhaps some showroom type location where you order and they deliver.

Thanks Hoo!

I am not sure how successful they are going to be - part of the fun of going to Ikea is that differs from a traditional furniture store. Take that away, and why bother? Besides, Leslie + Finch really isn't that far away even by transit.

Too bad we don't have Habitat or Muji here.

AoD

I bet the 141/143 King East will be a showroom for their catalogue of OFFICE furniture - that would fit well into neighbourhood. It's not a big store area so I doubt they could possibly display their whole furniture range.

they should get these so people can transport their new furniture to their homes easily.

ikea3.jpg

http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/07/08/ikea-debuts-bike-trailers-in-denmark/#more-12140

Ikea requires you to have your own bags, or buy them from them. They did, they say, to be more environment friendly.

Ha! Have you used the 80 Queensway bus to get the Ikea on The Queensway. There is no entrance or exit to the building on The Queensway. You have walk 180° around the building to get to the doors.

There is a glass enclosed showcase at the corner of the building closest to the bus stop, but no entrance.

You may need a car for the bigger items of course, that's why a parking lot is needed. However, if browsing or buying small items, why can't they have an entrance close to the bus stop?

I just wonder if the new store will be transit friendly or not.

Back