News   Apr 25, 2024
 331     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Home Improvement (Lowe's, Rona, Home Depot)

I had a couple of problems with Home Depot before Lowe's came to town... They were very cocky. I even sent a couple of letters to their president thinking somebody might at least call... not even. I've never shopped there again... I don't know if they've changed.

HD has a easier return policy and finance options,Lowes has better customer service and Rona feel "empty"..they will be the first one that pulls stakes in Toronto IMHO.Rona feels like your walking into a Canadian Tire store with lumber and the sales rep arent that well inform on the trades.

As oppourtunities permit, I personally like to contribute to Canadian-owned companies as long price difference is within 5-10% (and RONA is the only one in this list)

As oppourtunities permit, I personally like to contribute to Canadian-owned companies as long price difference is within 5-10% (and RONA is the only one in this list)

and in terms of an investment, rona trades at a substantial discount to their peers.

The next Lowe's outlet in Toronto will apparently be on the former Labatt brewery property at Islington and 401. Lowe's has completed the purchase of the property.

There had been a rumour that WalMart was interested in this property, but either this was a false rumour or they have decided for some reason to take a pass on this location.

Lowe's has completed the purchase of the former Sam's Club (WalMart) property at The Queensway and The East Mall in Etobicoke.

Meanwhie, I wonder what Lowe's intends to do with the former Labatt Brewery property at Islington and 401. They bought it in late 2008, over two years ago, and they still own it, but there seems to be no sign of any activity there yet.

Lowe's has completed the purchase of the former Sam's Club (WalMart) property at The Queensway and The East Mall in Etobicoke.

Meanwhie, I wonder what Lowe's intends to do with the former Labatt Brewery property at Islington and 401. They bought it in late 2008, over two years ago, and they still own it, but there seems to be no sign of any activity there yet.

Must still be looking for left over beer and beer bottles on the property.

Does anyone know why Lowe's doesn't like Mississauga?

Is it that we have too many Home Depot's? They have two stores in Brampton, one in Vaughan and Woodbridge yet none in Mississauga?

I was wondering the same thing myself as I perused a Lowe's flyer in the Mississauga News. I would guess it's because there aren't really any Big Box locations left in Mississauga that don't already have either A) Home Depot or B) Rona or both.

Does anyone know why Lowe's doesn't like Mississauga?

Is it that we have too many Home Depot's? They have two stores in Brampton, one in Vaughan and Woodbridge yet none in Mississauga?

May be an issue with regards to finding land. Lowe's prefers to own their real estate (even if they don't own the land they like to land lease and build/own their own building)....there may not be that many sites available in 'sauga to do that.

A little bird tells me this is scheduled to open in August

This location is going to take a big chunk out of HD's Queensway location, which is the busiest Home Depot in Canada in terms of yearly revenue.

Lowes opening in Mississauga

Lowes will be opening on the Queensway they are renovating the old Sam's club which they bought quite a few of them, probably open end of August. I know all this as i do communications for them.

Back