News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 376     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 955     1 

High Immigration and the Housing Crisis

Not having enough places to live results in not having affordable places to live -- it becomes a seller/landlord market. Altering the supply/demand balance (eg. build more homes or reduce the amount of people coming to Canada) can change that.

Although I have mine, unlike some people on this board I care deeply about my fellow citizens. It’s not an either/or situation. We must build more houses and drastically reduce immigration numbers. It’s not complicated, people get bent out of shape to avoid the obvious. Don’t worry guys it’s not 2015, it’s not racist or immoral to want drastic action on reducing immigration.

Although I have mine, unlike some people on this board I care deeply about my fellow citizens. It’s not an either/or situation. We must build more houses and drastically reduce immigration numbers. It’s not complicated, people get bent out of shape to avoid the obvious. Don’t worry guys it’s not 2015, it’s not racist or immoral to want drastic action on reducing immigration.
Gotta keep shoveling people coal into our economy furnace to keep that economy going - that's what it boils down to.

also don't tell that to the woke crowd - to them anything that goes against their world view is "whatever"ist.

Most students pay their rent using OSAP and/or a line of credit, combined with some money they make during the summer. 1145 isn't out of the question for a student, not at all. Probably mostly foreign students like you said though. My building is full of Chinese foreign students driving 140k BMW X5s....
When I was in uni, I noticed many wealthy Chinese internationals, but it was very different for Indians: their parents will cover the degree, but the students are expected to work and pay their way forward for everything else. Stark difference.

Back