News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 412     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Head of Slips (Waterfront Toronto, West 8/DTAH)

I like how the benches seem at least semi-bespoke rather than standard bulk items; I guess that makes me a pro-bencher.

I do wonder what they'll cook up for the Simcoe/Rees slips with their more extreme designs though.

I don't mind them either. The slip is such a great improvement already, those tiny little benches wont change my opinion much.

Are the next three slips slated for construction once this one wraps up, or will there be a delay of some sort?

At least they're not plastic. I wonder if they'll be accompanied by the city's new plastic garbage bins. Yuck.

Toronto%20Trash_1.jpg

There will be a camera installed with a direct feed to Yonge & Dundas Square's high def screens to capture such events. :p

... seriously, you're reading too much into that bench. Go see it in person, there's plenty of room in front of the bench (and little reason to go around it actually).

Exactly bar1967. Personally I think they are fine - at the very least, it's done in the same spirit as the slip itself, which bodes well for the public realm. For the doubters - do you rather see "them" identify the need for benches after receiving complaints from the irate public, then callously slap on some generic benches from say Home Depot?

AoD

At least they're not plastic. I wonder if they'll be accompanied by the city's new plastic garbage bins. Yuck.

Toronto%20Trash_1.jpg

Yeah, I really hope the new waterfront is spared from that fisher-price street furniture.

The benches are a good sign, I think.

Back