News   May 07, 2024
 593     3 
News   May 07, 2024
 418     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 356     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

That train was stopped across Ford Drive this evening ... hopefully just a false emergency alarm due to too many passengers and not a problem with the new car.

I think these new cars are very good looking

The car looks good, but it would look better in the livery that they had the original drawing of. The pukey two-tone green doesn't do it any favours, and the fleet number should be under the two side windows. This just looks like someone didn't know where to place it, so somebody at Bombardier just stuck it at the front.

The car looks good, but it would look better in the livery that they had the original drawing of. The pukey two-tone green doesn't do it any favours, and the fleet number should be under the two side windows. This just looks like someone didn't know where to place it, so somebody at Bombardier just stuck it at the front.

The lit numberboards have to be on the front (technically, visible from the front) due to regulations.

Don't like it? Blame Transport Canada.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The lit numberboards have to be on the front (technically, visible from the front) due to regulations.

Don't like it? Blame Transport Canada.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Not the number boards, the side fleet number. It's right next to the front, which already has the number boards.

On the plus side, at least it's legible from a distance, being black, unlike the white numbers they put on the light green.

Last edited:
In more relevant news, apparently Bombardier is mandated their contract with GO to provide 3 additional crews per quarter. Seems there's lots of interesting little details in the contract. Unfortunately the contact is not publicly available, so in order to glean more information from it a freedom of information request would be required. Anyhow apparently they're slightly ahead of that target right now and the word is evening service on the Kitchener line will be the next service increase.

Is there still construction on Gardiner? I was thinking taking GO Milton bus to Union on Saturday morning. Otherwise I will take the train instead.

Is there still construction on Gardiner? I was thinking taking GO Milton bus to Union on Saturday morning. Otherwise I will take the train instead.
Two lanes from near the Humber to near Bathurst.

But I doubt it would be particularly bad on a Saturday morning.

And the size of the font is probably mandated too?

Size is somewhat, yes.

In more relevant news, apparently Bombardier is mandated their contract with GO to provide 3 additional crews per quarter. Seems there's lots of interesting little details in the contract. Unfortunately the contact is not publicly available, so in order to glean more information from it a freedom of information request would be required. Anyhow apparently they're slightly ahead of that target right now and the word is evening service on the Kitchener line will be the next service increase.

Kitchener evening service isn't scheduled to begin until the April change of card. On the bright side, the weekend Barrie service is supposed to become permanent next summer.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Two lanes from near the Humber to near Bathurst.

But I doubt it would be particularly bad on a Saturday morning.

depends on definition of "particularly"....I know it was awfully slow moving (well, not really moving) around mid day on Thanksgiving Monday :(

Humber Bay. Certainly backs up to the river on a bad day.

depends on definition of "particularly"....I know it was awfully slow moving (well, not really moving) around mid day on Thanksgiving Monday :(
Sure ... but there's a difference between slow and an extra 20 minutes, and AM rush hour.

Though I'd be surprised if there was that much before 11 AM or so.

Back