News   May 10, 2024
 967     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1K     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

As it stands now, Old Weston Rd will open either at the end of Aug or early Sept this year.

It will be closed again in July 2013 when the bridges for CP tracks are put in place.

There is no real excavation taking place for the tunnel as it will not happen until the fall starting in Area 1 at Dupont.

What is taking place at this time is taking the earth down just below the top of the piles so concrete and rebar is put into place to build the top beam for the piles. Cross bracing beams will then be built to shore the piles. After this is done, the real excavation will start.

The east tunnel will be done first and then the existing line will be shifted to it so the west tunnel can be built.

There is no plans to built a station at Bloor St for the Milton line after all the talk it was going to happen and a mistake. By not stopping there, riders are force to to to Union to catch the ARL or the Kitchen/Georgetown train or the other way around.

There are 2 plans to take a tunnel to TTC Dundas West Station and that will not happen until after 2015.

New platforms will be built at Bloor to support the ARL with the ARL at the south end and GO to the north. The existing stair area will be rebuilt 100%

Metrolinx is still hoping for that Kiss & Ride where the new development is going as that has been removed from the plan that was presented to the community last night. I don't support this kiss & ride 100%. What Metrolinx is proposing that a road next to the ROW be built and it will go north to the Feshco parking lot and use the traffic light there to get into/out of the Kiss & Ride. No support from the community on that idea and a dumb idea.

No date when work will start on the Bloor Station at this time.

Drum, were you at the meeting last night? I was there. The other update was that they saved approximately a month because of the CP strike. They were able to get a lot of work done.

Drum, were you at the meeting last night? I was there. The other update was that they saved approximately a month because of the CP strike. They were able to get a lot of work done.

No I wasn't.

I was up on Sheppard today to have a look at the underpass.

Based on what I saw, the underpass will be in service in mid July, pending on a few things. More like Aug.

The sidewalk west of the bridge is 99% complete with crews working on the ramp to the apartment build. It should be pour anytime. Haft of the sidewalk east of the bridge is in place.

Concrete for the road is pour except at the east intersection and where traffic to the 2 apartment building is being used now. I expect both ends will see asphalt until the east bound lane are built.

It will be a long walk from the eastbound bus stop to the GO station once the eastbound lanes go into service. Not sure why the new bus stop is so far west of the new traffic lights.

Until I have a closer look at the LRT ROW at the centre pier support, It looks like it will be slow going for the LRT there.

Photo's will be up before I leave for Europe next week, since there a 1,000 more in front of them at this time.

Thanks for the update about the Agincourt GO Station grade seperation project. I check it out a few times a week usually as my wife works in the area. Incredible how they changed the whole landscape of Sheppard to grade seperate this GO line. Hope GO finds the funds to grade seperate more of their at level crossings in the city- even more so that have city bus routes such as the GO Lakeshore East line where it crosses Morningside and the 116 bus- the bus route is heavilly used as is the GO line crossing at grade there.

This isn't a GO Grade seperating project but it is some GO news. The Clarkson GO station is getting a parking garage built that will significantly add capacity- hope this garage is as well built as the one I saw in Whitby. The link to the Star article on this GO project is here:

http://www.thestar.com/news/transpo...kson-customers-to-brace-for-parking-wars?bn=1

Sheppard underpass

June 15
over 50 photos up on site GO Transit Sheppard Ave Agincourt Grade Separation
7399517752_320cf7c664_b.jpg

7399520732_7006dc26ba_b.jpg

Traffic light location
7399556202_d4ffe34404_b.jpg

7399552720_499f370deb_b.jpg

7399566982_a2556cc2e0_b.jpg

7399393484_714e6e7e35_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos -- I only really ever see this from the train.

Here's hoping there'll be more separations in the years to come!

June 15
over 50 photos up on site GO Transit Sheppard Ave Agincourt Grade Separation
7399517752_320cf7c664_b.jpg
It's interesting to see they are pouring the concrete base underneath the eastbound LRT platform (on the farside of the overpass, at the top of the photo). That photo is looking west from near Agincourt Drive. Here is the original design from the EA:

It's interesting to see they are pouring the concrete base underneath the eastbound LRT platform (on the farside of the overpass, at the top of the photo). That photo is looking west from near Agincourt Drive. Here is the original design from the EA:

I don't think that's the platform Nick. Look at the last of Drum's photos - you can see what appears to be the section of roadway at the intersection across what would be the LRT tracks.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I don't think that's the platform Nick. Look at the last of Drum's photos - you can see what appears to be the section of roadway at the intersection across what would be the LRT tracks.
Ah yes, I think your correct! Where the concrete widens in both of those shots, seems to be the eastern edge of the new intersection to access the GO station and properties on the south side of Sheppard. That would mark the western edge of the platform. Makes more sense ... no need for reinforced concrete underneath the pedestrian platform. Will be interesting to see what they do in the middle, as this progresses.

I have also seen plans that show a centre platform on the east side of the intersection, so it could end up being built that way instead, not sure which design is the final one.

This is the intersection as per plan with traffic lights.

Don't have a shot looking west at that point on the north side.
7399557780_8e71744123_b.jpg

7399417264_5a488057e3_b.jpg

7399395318_000b44aed9_b.jpg

7399520732_7006dc26ba_b.jpg

June 18
There is over 50 photos of Erindale up on site now.

You can see where the plus 30 bridge is going in now.

The north section will be top off in July with the south in 2013.

It would be interesting to see what the cost difference was for pour in place vs. precast to justify 3 years of construction vs the one year for Oakville Precast structure that will open this fall.

This will be my last photo posting, unless something take place on Thursday that I can upload before my plane leaves. This was the last shooting of the Nikon D7000 that been in the shop too many times since Aug 2011 and Nikon replace it today finally.
7405283372_950f8824ab_b.jpg

7405323510_6d76309319_b.jpg

7405335716_22a57d539d_b.jpg

7405376446_fa34055c96_b.jpg

7405386290_d833918110_b.jpg

Yet another Agincourt underpass update:

First layer of asphalt is done and temporary traffic lights have been strung up at the new intersection.

Yet another Agincourt underpass update:

First layer of asphalt is done and temporary traffic lights have been strung up at the new intersection.

I saw the pavement yesterday- looks like traffic should soon be diverted under the new GO overpass and they can start work on the westbound Sheppard lanes and hopefully the Sheppard East LRT platform as well. Thanks for the renderings of these plans as well nfitz- nice to see it slowly come together.

Back